Monday, April 14, 2008

The hills are alive with the sound of WATER!


We live in a beautiful part of the state: lots of mountains, hills, woods and rivers and lakes! We also live very near two large dams. My last post showed you the overflow at the Norfork Dam and this afternoon we drove up just past where we live to see the floodgates open at the Bull Shoals Dam. Another awesome sight!

Last year a new building was built overlooking the dam and it is beautiful! You can see way down the river. It is huge with a patio area surrounding it. I think it would make a great place for a neat restaurant! The views are priceless!
This is a historical occasion for our area to have floodgates open at both dam sites. People from everywhere are coming to see the view! Hopefully, the water will not continue to come down for awhile and the flooding will cease. But I sure got some neat pictures for remembrance!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

The Garners said...

Neat photos...I wish Bull Shoals would have opened before I left town! I'd planned to drive over to see it after Alexee went to bed Friday night, but they hadn't opened them yet. I remember standing in front of the flood gates for a picture a long time ago--don't know what year--but I know I was wearing "moon boots"! :)

Melissa Stover said...

what makes them open the dams? especially if people have built on the other side and will be flooded? (probably a very stupid question.)

Morris Family said...

I thought seeing BUll Shaols was awesome!! Marcus askes, "Mom, have you ever seen this before?" And that was a question I could actually say "No" to!!