Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas at Branson

Christmas is just not Christmas without one quick trip to Branson to see the lights! It had been dark, dreary but warm all day today. The kids are going home in the morning so we decided late this afternoon we would drive up to Branson for the evening.

Warning: These are only pictures of the two photogenic people in the house.....I hate to be in front of the camera.

We went to Branson Landing and saw the "water/fire" show and then to the Mexican restaurant at the Landing for dinner. I can't remember the name of it but it was delicious. They made fresh guacamole at your table....yum!
I loved these huge silver reindeer at the Landing! I wish I could have had them at my house....they went along with my "silver reindeer" theme! Of course, where would I put a 12 ft reindeer????

After dinner we walked around enough to get a thirst for St*rbucks! Carrie and I agreed that the Carmel Apple Spice is the best winter drink !!


We had to mosey down to Bass Pr* since Carrie had never been in one before! We told her that this store in Branson was like a convenience store compared to the one in Springfield!



Wildlife at it's finest!!




They had this huge fire in the fireplace in the entryway with a huge tree. Looked very homey!





Isn't this over everyone's fireplace mantel???






I think this last little set-up was for Santa to visit with the children. But, Santa is gone until next year!
I told them that they should feel like they had been to Silver Dollar C*ty!
We had a great night and the temperature was in the 60's. Hard to believe it's the end of December and just a few days ago the temperature was in the single digits. That's Arkansas for ya!!







8 comments:

Brooke said...

I think you could put that 12 foot reindeer right in the middle of the living room, and then not say anything about it. It could be like the proverbial "elephant in the room". :)

What a fun night in Branson. We went looking at some lights last night too on our way home from a party. I'm still in the holiday mood and want to keep on celebrating. It's always so sad to see it come to a close. Of course, in your family, the excitement is only about to begin!

Becky said...

WOW! That reindeer is magnificient! You're right it would go along with your theme. I do love Branson anytime, but especially during Christmas. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time together. I know you are getting sooooooo excited about Harper's arrival! We will all be sitting on pins and needles waiting to here!

Jenna said...

LOVED seeing all these pictures!!! Chris and Carrie are just too cute. Glad ya'll had a great time!

The Garners said...

Glad y'all had a great time! Too bad they couldn't just stick around and wait for Harper's arrival...will they get to come back then? Branson looks festive as always!

MiMi said...

You are definitely making me want to make a trip to Branson! I have never been, but would really love to come!

Looks like everyone should have been happy ---the girls with their Caramel Apple Spice in the pretty RED cups, and the guys in B@ss Pro shop!

Jacquie said...

Branson - the day after Christmas??? Was the traffic terrible?

Kayla and I went to Mt. Home Walmart. That was about it. And it was WILD there.

Those kids are just so stinkin' cute!!

Jennifer said...

Cantina Laredo is the Mexican resturante! It is one of my favorites at the Landing as well!

In His Army said...

We don't even go to Starbucks much, but we are hooked on the carmel apple spice drink! I always hated fighting the crowds in branson at Christmas, but there's just something about going! I remember the last time we were there just before Christmas a couple of years ago...Dad told us to all take a good look around because it would be the last time he'd be taking us during the holidays! Ha! Doesn't sound like something he'd said now does it?!