Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Trips

One of the pastor's duties is going to the hopital and visit the sick. I cannot tell you how many times we have done this over the years.

In fact, my children grew up knowing that if we were in town and someone was in the hospital, they would be more than likely be sitting in the waiting room while their parents went to check on someone.

Thankfully, I have always loved going to the hospital. I thank the Lord that He put this trait in my personality because I know there are alot of people who just abhor going to the hospital or a nursing home. Most of the time that we go it is because someone is sick, seriously ill or dying even.

But not Monday night!!!

We had a "Happy Visit" to the hospital ! Two of our young couples in our church were expecting babies and shared the same doctor. So Monday morning, they were both induced within hours of each other ! They are all good friends so what a wonderful event to have their babies on the same day!

We got to the hospital shortly after 7lb. 5oz Landon made his appearance. We got to witness his Daddy giving him his first bath! He looked like a pro even though it was his first born! Congratulations to Lance and Lindsey!

The second baby was delivered by C-section and weighed 6lb.15 oz and was a beautiful little boy named Luke. Mother and baby were doing well. Congratulations to Jeff and Gwen!

I can't wait to see little Landon and Luke running down the hallway at church just like I saw both of their Dads when they were small boys!

Two sets of grandparents, aunts,uncles, cousins, friends and church family were all there to welcome the new little ones! What a happy occasion!

I love going to the hospital on these "happy trips"!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't mind hospitals or nursing homes because we DID spend so much time at both growing up. I'm kind of glad because it's hard for a lot of people to go to either and it feels like second nature for me.
So fun that they had their babies on the same day at the same place!
I'm hoping for another Happy Day at a hospital VERY SOON!!!!!!!!

Jacquie said...

I can do the hospital thing, but the nursing home is really hard for me - although, necessity has eased that a bit.

I wish I would've been there! That sounds like fun (at least for those in the waiting room).

I'm excited about two new future Cubbies!!

Jenna said...

Awww, congrats to both families!!!

And while I'm sure the number of times ya'll have visited hospitals over the years is really high - I bet the number of people you have blessed by doing so is even higher!!

I can't wait for YOUR family to have their very own Happy Day here very shortly!!

Happy New Year, Judy!

The Garners said...

I wish I could have been there for that--how fun to see Jeff and Lance become Dads! What sweet families they will have!

Amanda Ledford said...

It won't be long now until you have your very own HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!

In His Army said...

How exciting that was! I can't wait to hold little Landon and I hope they grow up to be as good of friends as Lance and Jeff!

Kayla said...

I don't mind hospitals at all. The nursing homes, on the other hand, are not my cup of tea. I LOVE old people, but I like happy ones! And when I see them suffering it just breaks my heart!

Yall will have your Happy Day VERY soon!!! I'm so happy for yall!!!

I can't wait to come back to Flippin to see precious Landon and Luke!!!

Leigh Ann said...

You are about to have the happiest trip of all to the hospital soon! :)

I know seeing you and Mr. Steve is a blessing to all that may be in the hospital. I have always thought about how much time visiting must take when you are a pastor. What a servant's heart you and Mr. Steve have!

MiMi said...

Congratulations to both of these young families! What a blessing you and your husband must be as you minister to all of your church members.

I have so enjoyed getting to "know" you this year. Your blog has been such an encouragement and blessing to me.

I pray God's blessings on you and your family in the new year and I can't wait to hear about a VERY "Happy Visit" that you get to make - very soon!