Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday's Random Thoughts

This has been a busy week. Starting with a funeral visitation Monday night, funeral Tuesday morning, dinner for the family following the service, campus prayer walk Tuesday night and SEE YOU AT THE POLE early Wednesday morning, AWANAS Wednesday night and then a wedding rehearsal tonight and wedding tomorrow! We have an oscillating door at our house!


I said all that to say how my house hasn't been touched much this week. You can see my desk above is piled up. I need to clean and sort through alot of paper that somehow managed to get out of control in a week's time!
Also, I am behind in my homework for my Esther study. I plan to get caught up by tomorrow! We are only in our second week and it has already been such a blessing!
Are you like me and have a hard time throwing away magazines? Especially like Southern Living and Country Living, etc. Here's my stack that I "plan" to go through and cut out recipes and decorating pictures that I like! But, as you can see, I am behind on that too!
I ironed for an hour this week and barely made a dent in the clothes waiting in my laundry room for their turn!

But, all that will have to wait because today is a BEAUTIFUL DAY!! It started out this morning being around 55 degrees and it has been gorgeous all afternoon.

So outside I go and look what I see on my porch...........
I don't know much about spiders but this one was bright yellow and black and looked like he had help with his web with a zig-zag sewing machine. WOW!
My little mum bush came up volunteer this year and just bloomed last week!

I had planted just a few zinnia and they did pretty well but the bugs have tried to eat them all summer. But they still keep blooming!
Hubs came home early this afternoon to play with his new "toy" ...... a log splitter! He has needed one for years now but since we had so many trees down from the big ice storm in January, he REALLY needed one.

We also have a wood stove in his shop and keep it warm all winter for the Boys!

Skipper was supervising his Dad as he tried out his new toy.
Buddy said he could help too!
Then all three had to come give their Dad some love and support!
I guess he's got all the help he needs so I'd better get back to the house and think about tackling all the work that keeps piling up!

Am I the only one or do you have little "piles" of things waiting for you ?

16 comments:

Girl with the Curlz said...

Oh little piles are an understatement. I too have so much to go through. I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately and boy does my house show it. I hope to make some progress this weekend. Isn't it crazy how fast the piles grow. What is up with that. Have a wonderful weekend and good luck with your piles :-)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I have BIG piles waiting for me! My plan for tomorrow is to cook and clean to get ready for Sunday. Our family is coming over on Sunday after Dillan's baby dedication. :)

Todd and Courtney said...

I have piles too! I'm like you and save magazines. One day, I need to cut out all of the yummy recipes. Your dogs are precious. Don't they just make the day even better? I just love our precious Shih Tzu Belle.

Kelley said...

I have so many piles. Piles of laundry, piles of dishes. There is always something. You are so right, today was just gorgeous. I am doing the same Beth Moore study.

The Garners said...

YES! Well, I'd have to call mine "big" piles. Recipes and decorating ideas in case we ever build our own house torn out of magazines and shoved in a basket, papers from R's school (I need a secretary just to handle the Kindergarten paperwork--what will it be like when he starts having homework!?), catalogs with things I'd like to order for the kids but probably won't ever get around to ordering, things to file that should probably just be shredded, etc. etc. I caught up on all my ironing on Tuesday--such a good feeling. Now I've done a few loads of laundry though and the 'to-be-ironed" pile is building again. Sometimes I think back to when I lived alone in my apartment when I first graduated from college...I never had piles of things then. I kept everything clean and organized and in its place. What happened!?!? :) Even right after Rhett was born, I tried to keep that up...but now I think I've pretty much given up until the kids are older! :) That's okay--I'd much rather have a messy house full of family than my neat apartment all to myself!

Kathy said...

You just made my day. I thought I was the only one with out of control piles. I tackled a lot of them the last few months and finally shoved the rest in boxes to tackle at the new house.

Nina said...

Judy, thank you so much for stopping by my blog! You are so incredibly sweet. I know where Kelly gets it from. :) And oh how I wish I was small, believe I am not. Ha! :) But I do love to cook and bake and eat. I now have your blog in my favorites and will definitely keep coming back!

beckylbranch said...

Wow! You do have a lot of magazines! LOL! Those are such cute pictures with the doggies :) Life has been super busy for us too - but I'm just glad it is busy and to live another blessed day! Much love, Becky

Heather said...

Oh my word, YES, I have a horrible time throwing away magazines, SL and all my Paula Deen and Rachael Ray, it's awful!! I need the storage but instead I have magazines stacked a mile high!! glad to know I am not the only one!

Jennifer said...

I have the same issue. PILES! Although, I do not iron! Too much work - I use the dryer to de-wrinkle my husbands shirts. HA!

Jenna said...

Judy, your posts always make me smile! I hope you have had a great weekend!!

Jennifer said...

Yes, I was a Theta at the College of Charleston in South Carolina! I loved it and still have special relationships with many of the girls that I met through Theta!

Kelly said...

I have never commented before on your blog, but check in with you often through Kelly's blog. I am another Kelly and have an almost 8 month old little boy, we have followed Haper since day 1. I wanted to comment about your magazine stack. You definately need to donate them (when your finished with them) to an elementary school in your community. I teach, and it is SO hard to find good magazines for kids to cut out of for classroom projects. :)

Rebekah said...

I feel like my house never gets the attention it needs because we are always running in and back out! I met your sweet grandbaby last Friday! I could eat her up!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh no, you're not alone!! Unfortunately, I have a "few" piles that need going through as well. Mercy!! I have magazines I haven't even had time to read! Oh well ... the busy lives we lead! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Love the picture of the dogs with their Dad. =)

Teresa said...

Oh wow, do I have piles and piles! I loved all of your pictures!!!