Sunday, November 29, 2009

THANKSGIVING 2009

It was great while it lasted! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the food, the colors of fall, the decorations, family and most of all taking the time to really focus on how blessed we are; as a nation and as a family! God is so very good to us!


I guess this year our focus was on how thankful we are for the new members of our family!
We, as you can see in the picure above, have our eyes on the one who lights up our lives!
Harper had many "firsts" this week-end! I think she agrees that turkey, potatoes, certainly sweet potatoes, chocolate cake and ice cream are pretty good stuff! She just had a very small "dab" of cake and ice cream! We just wanted to see her expression! It was one of "where have you been keeping this all my life"!!!!


Aunt Linda helping her ride her pony.
Aunt Linda and Bob brought gifts for everyone! Is that something new for Thanksgiving??
Harper got some new "party" shoes for the holidays! I love them!! Hey, Sister, do they make those in a size 8???
Aren't they sweet?
Here is another new member of our family: Miss Coco. Well, she was the sweetest little houseguest. We just fell in love with her and offered to keep her for a couple of weeks but her
Mom and Dad said she was needed in Big D!!

Uncle Chris, Harper and Coco have some fun times!
Harper is NEVER still. Her Da-da is chasing her across my kitchen island!!
We decided this child needs no toys from Santa. She had the best time with Tupperware and her Poppa!!

Making movies of guess who?
Do I look happy? How can you tell?

Thank you, Lord, for blessing me abundantly above all I could ask or think according to Your power that works in us, to You be the glory!!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun thanksgiving y'all had

too cute

Jennifer said...

Very sweet. I have checked looking for your perspective on Harper's first Thanksgiving! It looks like she enjoyed it all.

Jacquie said...

What a difference a baby (and a puppy) make!!

I loved the Tweets of everyone on their iPhones at your dinner table. You are the only one that hasn't got sucked into the iPhone matrix...yet. It won't be long, I fear.

Your family is blessed and is a blessing to so many of us!

Kelly’s Korner said...

We had a wonderful time!!! Thanks for having us and for all the wonderful food you cooked! I shouldn't eat all week.

Anonymous said...

Family! What a blessing~

Kelley said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! Harper and Coco are precious!

Jess :) said...

It sounds like Thanksgiving was marvelous!!! :) I'm glad you were ALL able to be together and that the "newest" addition (Miss Harper) provided wonderful entertainment!!

In His Army said...

Looks like a blessed and wonderful time! We were so excited to see Kelly & Chris and their spouses! So sorry to hear about your dog :( That's never easy.

Lauren said...

Looks like ya'll had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!

Love ya Mrs. Judy!!! :)

Meet the Brummett's said...

Children truly are the greatest blessing from God! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The pictures of Harper in her highchair with all eyes and cameras on her cracked me up! It looks like the pics you see of celebrities surrounded by paparazzi! Haha :)

Nancy said...

Wonderful pictures!
And I love those Pediped shoes!! My daughter has a couple pair & they just seem so comfortable!

Girl with the Curlz said...

How cute. Harper is just adorable. I am so happy you all had such a wonderful thanksgiving.

The Hairstons said...

LOVE this post!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!

beckylbranch said...

What a great Thanksgiving ya'll had! I know you all have so much to be thankful for this year :) Wonderful pictures!