Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Visitors

One of my favorite times at Christmas is the Sunday before Christmas when families get together and those who live away come home for a visit.


We had a great worship time this morning! The music was inspiring and the sermon was totally relevant to what we needed to hear. And we had some of my favorite people back home for the holidays that I love with all my heart!

These two lovely ladies above fall into that category! They are missionaries from our church and we can't say enough about what they do for the Lord's work around the world!

Laura, on the left, her hubby and two children live around the world from us and are ministering to many people who do not know the Lord. We pray for their ministry and for their safety constantly. They are a precious couple! And their children just happen to be beautiful! I'm sorry I don't have a picture of them to show. I was so busy this morning and I got this one quick shot of the sisters! Yes, they are twins!

Sharon, on the right, serves with Youth With a Mission (YWAM) in Louisville, Kentucky.
She is a delightful young woman and I love her quick wit! She is dedicated to the Lord and seeing people deepen their walk with Him!

We were so blessed to see them today and have them worship with us once again!

As we read and studied the "Christmas Story" today in our Bible study hour, I was confronted with the thought that even though we have read/heard the story of the birth of Christ so many times, it never gets old.There is always something new to be gleaned from His Word. That, to me, is how you know the Scriptures are valid and for us now. The sermon about Joseph not having one spoken word mentioned in the Bible but what he did for Mary spoke volumes.

This story is what Christmas is all about and not just gifts, parties, Santa, etc. Those are all good and have their place but we celebrate Jesus! And we need to do it everyday!

I love this verse in Roman 15:4....
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have HOPE."

And that HOPE is Jesus.....for today and always!
Merry Christmas to you all!

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

It has been a great day in the Lord. I got so emotional during the song service... I was just overwhelmed by the words in verse 2 of "O Holy Night"... anytime I just really think about the words to our worship songs... I get so moved.

It was good to see L/C and S today... and I got to sneak a peek of Lia in the nursery!

Kelley said...

We had a beautiful service at our church, too! You're are so right. The story of Jesus never gets old.

Nina said...

Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, our services were canceled because of all of the snow!! Thank you for the verses You were my service today. :)

Jennifer said...

Church was special today! It was the lessons and the carols! The choir has been working on the music since April! That's dedication and it was worth it.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

thanks so much....had no idea that Kelly and I shared the same birthday....She is a daughter to be proud of...
It has been such a blessing to meet you in blogland...You have enriched my life. Blessings to you and yours....Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with many blessings.
Teresa
Grammy Girlfriend http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
and
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com