Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Has It Been 25 Years Already??

Sunday was a special occasion for my two families.......my personal family and my church family!

It was special to me because my children came home to celebrate our 25th years at our church and our church family came together for an awesome time of remembrance, praise and worship!

I can't begin to thank everyone for the above-and-beyond celebration we experienced! I believe everyone really enjoyed themselves.  The music was extraordinary, the testimonies and the video was very moving, the special reading of a poem written by a young man with a God-given gift to write from his heart blessed our socks off and the preaching was heart-felt by a longtime seminary friend.  And to top it all off, a young woman joined the church!!  You can't ask for much more!

I wanted to show a few pictures of the day.  Kelly, of course, has already blogged about it and so has Jamie!



Chris and Carrie


.......................and of course, Miss Coco!

The kids catching up with each other........and eating!

Aunt Carrie with Harper

Uncle Chris stealing some sugar!



Carrie and Chris brought Harper some new books.  She was enthralled with this one!


Papa and Nonny formerly known as "Steve and Judy"!


Uncle Chris showing Harper how to use his new iphone 4.


"Tell Papa and Nonny you need a new ipad, Harper! "

This is what our family does when the talking dies down......everyone has their iphones, ipads, etc.

Me?  I make pictures!

They are probably twittering to each other!!


We like reading the good old-fashion way!

Harper reading her new book to Papa!

In fact, this week-end, Harper was "all about" her Papa!  Much to his delight, I might add!

Aunt Linda and Uncle Bob came over  to eat supper with us.  Looks like Linda and Poppa are both  trying to feed Harper dessert!


Harper and her Daddy play with our dog, Bobber.

Coco just stayed in the house where it's cool!  He and Bobber got along great!

We were so glad our kids got to come for a few days.


We love these four!

Sunday morning service......I never sit on the front row....but today was special!





This picture was made by Jamie and it was one of my favorites!

We wanted to thank everyone who worked so hard to make it such a special day for us!

We want to thank the Lord for calling us here to serve Him and our special church family He
has blessed us with!  To God be the Glory....Great things He has done!

18 comments:

Jacquie said...

It was a great day... and I told Steve that if we got anything accomplished... it was getting all your kids home together for a few days!!

Sunday was a special time and I will always remember it! We love y'all!

KatieB. said...

These pictures are great! And, that black and white quilt bedding that Chris and Harper are laying on - that was in my bedroom growing up at my parents' house! I had mint green walls and green throw pillows. That was my favorite bedding!

Mallory said...

What a blessing you all must be to your church. 25 years is amazing! Tell your husband congratulations from West Plains, Mo!

Becky said...

It sounds like you and Steve had a wonderful time with your famiy and your chuch family. It is amazing that you guys have been at the same church as this time.

BTW....love your hair!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful family pics!!! Congratulations to your husband!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful pictures...What a wonderful celebration...

ashmhendrix said...

How awesome! My daddy is a music minister and we've been @ our church going on 19 years! Such a blessing, I know personally! :)

Nancy said...

What great pictures! That is amazing - 25 years in the same church.

Polly said...

The pictures are great, you have such a lovely family and home and church!

Lauren said...

What a special weekend for ya’ll!!! And here’s to 25 more years!!!!!! :) Love you!!

Faith said...

What a special weekend! I love the pics of Harper with her aunt and uncle. I'm so glad that y'all were blessed in this special way!

Linda said...

I know you had a wonderful time with your kids and with Harper and also with your church family, and I am so glad everything went so well and was such a blessing to you both! Congratulations for 25 years of faithful service!

I love your beautiful home. (From what I could see in the pictures here it is marvelous!) That's the decorator in me snooping around! Ha! (:>)

Oh, and when my family is all around it looks the same...everyone is on their i-phones. Kinda drives me crazy...but them I guess I am "old school". Ha!

Off to renew my driver's license.
Hope you have a great day Judy!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Sandy said...

Congratulations on 25 years of faithful service at your church. It looks like it was a wonderful day for everyone. Of course, any day spent with little miss Harper is special.

We've Got Scents said...

What a beautiful day for two beautiful people. Congratulations and blessings to you both, today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Nina said...

Beautiful pictures!!! How amazing and a blessing to be at the same church for 25 years!!! You are doing so much good there!

Kelley said...

Congrats! I know you are such a blessing to your church family and community. We think you are awesome in the blog community!

Laurie said...

It just speaks volumes of your faithfulness and commitment to one church for that long! Congratulations!

Paula McKaughan said...

Ms. Judy,
I've said it once, but I'll say it again...little Ms. Harper looks just like you!!! It's so precious!!! You have a beautiful family!!!