Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quick Trip to see Harper off to "First Day of School"

If you would have told me 18 months ago I would be seeing that precious baby lying in that NICU bed off to her first day of "school" yesterday,  I couldn't have even fathom the thought!

That's how special our God is!!  I just had to go over and help take Harper (or at least be there to take pictures) to her first Mother's Day Out  at her church.

I had to think that 36 "short" years ago, I was taking Harper's Mom to MDO at a church so I could go for my doctor's visit when pregnant with her little brother Chris!  

It was such a blessing to have a place to take her somewhere "safe" where they showered her with love while I went to my doctor's visits and had a little "me" time!

The neat thing about taking Kelly to MDO in those days is that I didn't belong to any church.  I started going to the church after taking Kelly and Chris there for MDO.  Then we started going to Sunday school and church and before long Hubby started going to church with us. It was that sweet little church in Arlington, Texas that loved on my children and my husband got saved!   Then God really got involved in our lives....BIG TIME!!     What a awesome testimony to Highland Park Baptist Church in Arlington, Texas for letting me bring my children to their MDO program.  God always has a plan for your life!!

She loved her backpack and insisted on holding it herself even though it was stuffed!





Laurie was bring Emily and Sarah Kate in at same time and they all three looked so cute!




Harper loves stacking and re-stacking blocks!


I got her a new Elmo because he makes the same smacking sound as she does when she give you a kiss. She loved him!



This was at the end of the day when we went to pick her up.  They gave us a little rundown of her day and I think she did really well for her first "school" day!




I had a couple of friends who took me to eat lunch today at this little Angler's Restaurant.
It was so cute on the inside but I only had time to take a couple of pictures before 
our quiche came!  It was delicious!  Thank you, girls, for helping me make it
through the week!  Only 3 more days to go!

Update on my mother-in-law:  I have talked 3-4 times a day to my sister-in-law and as of today
she is showing improvement.  They took her breathing tube out and she has been able to eat a little today.  She did have a heart attack and a stroke but is slowing improving.  We are waiting for 
hubby to get back from India and then we will be making our way to Texas.
Please keep praying for her. Our whole family would appreciate it!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harper is a doll-baby! So sorry that your MIL is so sick. We'll be praying. I think it's just so great that we can pray for someone we don't even know and know that God knows her and the situation completely. Awesome!

Pastor Steve said...

Thanks for the pictures Nonny. It made Papa feel like he was there at Harper's first day of MDO too. Thank God for blogs that let me see all my precious girls from half way around the world.

Anonymous said...

Where does the time go? It does seem like just yesterday I was in Kelly's shoes. My baby is now in 5th grade!!!! My oldest is almost 20and my middle one is a senior and already planning her move to college. Marc is trying to talk her into Louisiana Tech where he went but she wants to stay closer to home. I'm really ok with that :)

It seems like I was just praying for Harper to "make it through the night" and look at that sweet girl go! God is so awesome!!! I'm in prayer now about going back to work..oh my~
Take care~ Susie

Laurie said...

So glad you could be here for Harper's first day of school! I am so thankful that you took our picture. I did not take a picture of Sarah Kate yesterday on her first day of MDO. Your picture is the only one I have of her.
You got some cute shots.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the pictures...So glad that your MIL is doing better

Nancy said...

So cool that you got to be there for her first day! It's times like that to be thankful for ~ I am so thankful for my Mom & I know Kelly is that way to you. I think you have a precious family!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

You have been busy. So glad you were able to go with Harper to her first day of school. She looked so sweet! And I loved the story about your husband. God had great plans for his life, didn't he. Amazing! I sure hope your Mother-in-law gets along OK. Praying for hubby to have a safe trip home from India. I know you enjoyed your lunch with friends. Enjoyed all your pictures. Love & blessings from NC!

Kelley said...

I will be praying for your mother in law. Harper is just precious! How special it was that you got to be there for her fist MDO.

ashmhendrix said...

I am praying for your family.
Harper is adorable, and I can't get over what a big girl she's becoming. It's been such a joy to watch her grow.

Heather said...

I love that you were able to go and be there for this milestone!!! And isn't that amazing that MDO was what God used to bring Himself into your family?!?! That just amazes me how He works in all kinds of situations and circumstances....always bringing people closer to Him. Thank you, Lord. Help us to see where you are working so we can be a part of it!!!

The Garners said...

I loved this post--so neat what you shared about MDO in TX. That's fun that you got to see Harper off to school on her first day! She looked so cute. I'm sure she had a blast!

I've been thinking about your mother-in-law and praying for her recovery. I know this is extra difficult timing with Bro. Steve being so far away. Love y'all.

Caroline said...

I love seeing the little children in their first day of school clothes. So precious!!!

Mallory said...

I'm so glad Nonny got to see Harper off to MDO! Enjoyed your pictures!

Linda said...

Judy, I am so glad you got to be there and be a part of Harper's first day at MDO. I can see why MDO holds a special place in your heart.

Some of my grandkids have gone to MDO and I think it is indeed a blessing to many people as it was to our family.

God has done so much in your life and in your husband's life...I get so excited when I hear stories like yours.

So excited that Kelly is expecting again. Blessings to you all!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Jacquie said...

Little Miss H is SUCH a big girl now! It's so hard to believe.

I've been praying for Shirley and the Preacher while he's away... and for his safe return home.

I live here and I don't know what restaurant that is???

Donna said...

Well, Ms. Judy, you have certainly had the highs and lows these past few weeks. I'm glad one of the highs was Harper's first day of "school". Could she have been any cuter with that backpack! She looked so grown up. Hope your MIL continues to improve. I have been through this with my mother. It will be a long road.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Meg said...

i LOVE your story that MDO had a role in your family coming to know the Lord!! love it!! and then...you & your husband's ministry at your church, kelly's ministry worldwide through her blog...so exciting! i am the director of our local MDO and it just thrills my heart to read stories like this. MDO is wonderful for kids and moms (and dads!) alike!! harper was soooo precious going into school!! and i know you are thrilled about a new grandbaby!! God bless.

Lauren said...

Sooooo sweet!!!! And praying for you MIL!!!

LeighAnne said...

Your comments about how the MDO program made such an impact in you and your family's life just touched my heart today. God loves us so much and he will stop at nothing to pursue us. It is amazing to think that Pastor Steve is who he is today and that God allowed a MDO program to play such a part in it! It encourages me to be faithful in my work in the nursery. You never know whose child you are touching. :) Harper and her momma and her Nonny look like they had a great first day!

Melissa said...

Wow! What an amazing testimony! I just love the way God works! That Harper is such a cutie. I found Kelly's blog from a link on someone else's blog, asking people to pray. I clicked on it and read, and I've been hooked ever since. I prayed for that sweet baby every day she was in the hospital. What a wonderful blessing she is!

sl said...

I love reading your blog. I am praying for your family in KY. Have a safe trip to Texas.