Friday, September 3, 2010

Trip to Big D

We just got home last night from Dallas where we spent time with my mother-in-law who had a heart attack and a stroke while Hubby was in India.

Hubs got home Sunday night and we left the next morning for the hospital.


We were so thankful to find her improving and thankful the stroke didn't really leave much damage.
Steve's sister, Kathy, has been with her nearly round-the-clock and we were so thankful for her !

This is the facility that we spent many hours sitting waiting on doctors, nurses, physical therapist, etc.   Grandma complained about the food! Typical hospital fare as usual in most hospitals!

I did enjoy looking at their "unusual" landscaping around the little park area directly across the street from the hospital on the way to the parking garage.  










Peppers instead of the usual flowers!  I guess this is how you know you are in Texas!!


On Wednesday, they moved my mother-in-law to a rehabilitation hospital to work to get her back on her feet!  We are so thankful for the people who work so hard to help people get their strength back so they can go back home !  We pray that she will be better day by day and get home soon!




Isn't this the sweetest picture?  Kathy sent me this of my mother-in-law made when she was eleven years old.  I had never seen it before and I just think she is beautiful!




This is Shirley on her 87th birthday last December.  Still a beautiful woman!
Shirley, we are praying you will be home soon!!


On the trip home yesterday because we were so close to our grandbaby's home and Hubs hadn't seen her in several weeks, we JUST HAD to stop by and visit for an hour before we made our way home.





They were practicing their Razorback "Calling the Hogs"!







I think Harper and Papa got reacquainted again pretty well, don't you?

14 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Precious photos. I think we must be in the same generation season of life. My dear Mom was 89 yesterday and my Mom-in-love is recovering from a broken ankle. Blessings to you and your family. May we all finish our race well in the grace and mercy of Jesus!

Mallory said...

Glad to hear your mother-in-law is doing better...and what a sweetie that Harper is! I loved her SHOWEE video! ;)

Nancy said...

So sweet! Glad your mother-in-law is better!

Lauren said...

WOW, that older picture of your MIL is gorgeous!!!!! So glad she is doing better!!!!! :)

Angie said...

Kelly looks a lot like her Grandmother!

Rachel said...

Judy,

Howdy from Alaska! Glad to hear the good news about your m-i-l, I've been praying for her. My father was born in Plano! What a small world we live in. I used to love to see Plano when I was a girl because it always meant we were getting closer to Six Flags (from Sherman/Denison area)!
Keep us posted on your m-i-l so we can keep praying.

Kelley said...

I love the pictures you posted. So glad your mother-in-law is better. My Dad has cancer and it has spread to bones. He had been in the hospital for over a month and then was in rehab to regain strength. I understand exactly what you mean.

Tara G. said...

I love the picture- there are features she has that can be seen in the generations that have followed! Rejoicing with you over improved health!

Jacquie said...

I LOVE THAT OLD PHOTO... and I see Kelly a lot in there! Amazing.

Looks like Steve was in HIS happy place (like I am this weekend).

Glad y'all are home...I'm praying for rest and a relaxing weekend for you both.

Miranda said...

So glad everything went well and your Momma in Law is recovering! :-)

caknitter said...

Your MIL photo is beautiful...Kelly looks a lot like her. Good to know she is doing much better.

Sugar said...

Kelly her grandmother's beautiful eyes!

Donna said...

Other commenters see the same thing - the photo of your MIL as a young girl looks a lot like Kelly. Especially with the blonde hair. I hope she continues to improve. Looks like Harper enjoyed your visit. I know you could just eat her up. What a doll baby.
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Brooklynn said...

My sister delivered at the Medical Center of Plano and they were all so, so nice!!

I'm sure they took great care of you MIL too!