Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Pastor's Wives

Just got home this afternoon from attending the Arkansas Baptist State Convention in Jonesboro for the past three days.  Monday morning I attended the Pastor's Wives meeting and luncheon.  We have our own website and I am one of several who was ask to blog once or twice a month.

I got the pleasure of finally meeting these two sweet sisters, Julie and Abby, after "knowing" them through their blog,(www.sistersabbyandjulie.blogspot.com.)  Julie was one of the major planners of the event and it was quite a party.  Each table was decorated like a different party...complete with cakes, party favors, etc.  I was late to the "party" and didn't get pictures of each table before everyone was seated but each table was a work of art!

Our main speaker was Lisa McKay from Alabama (www.apreacherswife.com).  She has written a book for pastor's wives called, "You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes" and she was an interesting speaker.  She was very reassuring to all of us pastor's wives that God will see us through many trials and He will never leave us!   I really enjoyed her....she had a great sense of humor!

This is one of my fellow bloggers, Melinda from Clinton.  It was so neat to find out that she is married to a young man who grew up in my hometown and home church.  In fact, her husband's mom was my Girl Scout leader when I was young.

We had a delightful lunch and we spent most of the day together.  We finally rejoined our husbands for the rest of the evening for the pastor's conference but it was a fun day to just be with the wives!

13 comments:

kathy said...

thank you for the nice words on the sisters julie and abby. they are my daughters and i am most proud of them. they were so anxious to meet you. we are all readers of kelly's blog.


kathy davis

Jacquie Wallace said...

Wow! Small world... and I just posted about how small the world seems some times.

I'm SO glad you had a time for refreshing - just for you pastor's wives. I know how much you do. I sat in church Sunday morning and just thought about how important you are to us and how Steve is so blessed to have you as his help-mate. You have been gifted to be a pastor's wife - although I KNOW you have had to endure many heartaches and trials in the past 25 years. I'm praying God will constantly refresh you and your ministering heart!

Melissa Stover said...

what a small world! did you know that julie and i are in the same homeschool group? i rarely see her though because i am a homeschool group failure, but i do know her!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds like a wonderful time...I met Lisa in San Antonio at LPL Siesta a few years ago...

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I'm so glad they had something special planned for you ladies. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Judy!

I think I can relate with you on a few things in that magazine. I can remember when my teachers "looked" like teachers. Now you can see some sights during morning carpool. I don't mind though, I'm more concerned of what they bring to the classroom, not the runway...ha! I also remember hearing my MawMaw talk about her day's. Teachers that were "expecting" had to take off from work. They were not allowed in public. Ouch!
One good thing I can say about all of this fun stuff... times and fashions may change but God's word remains the same. Today...tomorrow... and in the next 40 yrs. glad we can enjoy this journey together :)

Sisters said...

It was so great getting to meet you! You are beautiful and such an encouragment to me as a pastor's wife. Thanks!!!

Patty said...

I laughed when I saw the picture of Lisa. She is a friend of mine and I absolutely love her to pieces!!! She is so much fun to be around and her book is awesome!

Jess :) said...

What a wonderful time it looks/sounds like y'all had!! Fellowship time is always a blessing. :)

And....while I'm here...let say a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the newest baby grandDAUGHTER!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for Scott, Kelly, and Harper and I wish I was closer so I could give her a HUGE hug. She and my sister have been right on the same "baby track" and I think it's SO neat!!!!!! Can't wait to "meet" baby Hollis. I know her Nonny and Papa will spoil her to pieces!

Hugs to you, my friend!

Sisters said...

Judy,
It was fun to have this farmers wife come to the pastor's wives function! I loved meeting you. I just read Kelly's post....another girl!! Whoo-hoo for you! :)
AJL

K. Tilley said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now....started reading Kelly's shortly after Haprer was born.....When reading today it was so funny to see Lisa's picture....she lives down the street from me.....it really is a small world.....I really enjoy reading yours and Kelly's blogs....Blessings to you! Kerri from Alabama

K. Tilley said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now and have been reading Kelly's since shortly after Harper was born.....I Love the precious child and have not even met her..:) It was funny today while reading your blog to see Lisa's picture. She live just down the street from me.....it really is a small world. Blessing from Alabama.....Kerri

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hi Judy!

I followed over from Abby and Julie's blog to say hello and wow! Such sweet words that I appreciate so much! I can't say enough how much I loved sharing the day with all of you!

And I'm cracking up at the familiar names in your comments. I love all you girls! Don't be telling Mrs. Judy any stories on me.

Much love to you :)