Monday, October 4, 2010

Road Trip

How do you like my new blog design?  I am delighted with a fresh new look and I owe it all to a delightful young designer, Miranda Tucci!   Thank you, Miranda, for a job well done!

We started our trip by going to South Arkansas to the town I grew up in.  I hadn't been there in several years.  I got the chance to visit for just a few minutes with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Eddie Lou.  We went to kindergarten through high school together.  She is a great-grandmother already!  That makes me feel like I am way behind!!



I always go to the cemetery to visit my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles' graves.  (And a host of people I knew growing up)  My mother use to say she had more friends in the Redman cemetery than she had left in town.

Next we drove to Texarkana and had a delightful visit with my first cousin and her husband on my 
mother's side of the family.  I was so mad at myself because we had a lovely dinner and my cousin's table was just beautiful and I forgot to take ANY pictures!!   I even took my camera bag in their house and we got so busy talking I forgot all about taking their picture!   Great blogger I am!  Thank you Janice and Gerald for being just delightful host and we certainly enjoyed our visit with you!

Our next stop was in Dallas to visit Steve's Mom, Sister Kathy and brother-in-law Tom.
Steve's Mom is doing much better after her heart attacks this summer.


We also got to visit with Steve's cousin, Jeff and his wife, Angie from Chicago.  They flew in on Saturday morning and this was the first time Steve had seen his cousin since he was 18 years old.



This is our nephew Jackson. He is a college student.
This is our niece, Molly, with Grandma.  She is a first year sixth-grade teacher.




Friday night we went down to our son and daughter-in-law's house to visit and go out for dinner.



 And we got to see our Grand-dog, Coco, in her new Halloween costumes!

                      Coco likes to sit on her Papa's lap!

 Carrie was working on a new fall centerpiece for her new dining room table.













We wanted to go to Matt's for some great Mexican food but by the time we got there the whole block was full of people waiting so we went to another Mexican place in the next block and it was very tasty too!  Just had a band of roving guitar players that were a little too loud!!





We had a great time visiting with everyone but we were also happy to head for home.  When I try to compare the Dallas traffic.........






to our little road at home...........



 Which would you prefer?????
























20 comments:

momofall said...

I so enjoy your posts. I too am a teacher and would have loved for you to be in our building. I can see some great times we would have had! Thank you for sharing your trip and snippets of your life with us. Consider yourself hugged, cause if we lived closer I would be giving you a hug now. Enjoy your fall weather. :)

Anonymous said...

I would love that country road view- I see too much traffic! Sounds like a wonderful time with family and friends. SO nice! Love the blog makeover too :)

The Garners said...

Wow, y'all have been busy! I enjoyed all your pictures.

Melissa Stover said...

i love your road. that's the one for me!

Anonymous said...

Your blog post excited me!!! We share the same home town When I saw Redman cemetary I knew there was only one ;) What a small world!!!

Linda said...

Hi Judy...Glad you enjoyed your trip to visit family. I enjoyed all of the pictures.

(We used to call our kids dogs "grand dogs' too before we had grand kids!) (:>)

I love your pretty little road to your house! Gorgeous! I would musch prefer that to the busy traffic. (We just got back from Arizona and the traffic was crazy! It was nice to get back home to our small suburb of Wichita.

Your new blog design is lovely.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

ashmhendrix said...

Love the new blog, and I'd prefer the simple country road anyday!!
:) Glad you had a fun trip!

Jacquie said...

Your blog design is SO cute!!!

Sounds like you had a great trip. You got a lot done in only a few days.

Rachel said...

I just love your new design, Judy, it's so clean. I have to admit that I miss the picture of the door. (I like neat doors.) I'm glad to hear your M-I-L is doing better now. Glory to God!

I've updated my blog a little bit too. Stop by and check it out sometime. Fall is almost over here in Alaska, it even snowed a little last weekend! I'm thankful it didn't stick!

Rachel

Granna Girl said...

I'll take the country road any day! Hey Judy....I grew up in El Dorado and my dad's family was from Magnolia. Where is your hometown?

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh, how I love your little country road! It's so picturesque...like something you would find featured in a magazine!

Anonymous said...

Your driveway is gorgeous!! I don't know how you could leave it. ha! And I love your "new look."

Lauren said...

LOVE the new blog look!!!! And what a fun weekend visiting everyone, and looks like from the pictures of your road the leaves are starting to change. So pretty!!!

Lynn said...

Love the new look, Judy! Glad you two had a nice road trip! Yes, I agree with you about the roads -- would much prefer the road to your house than the traffic in Dallas or Houston, etc.

Blessings!

Melissa said...

Love the new blog look, but love that country road even more! That's the one for me!

Anonymous said...

I would so love to live on a road like that! Seeing those pictures makes me long for Arkansas so much! I grew up in San Antonio, Texas but my Grandparents lived in Bull Shoals until their passing. My Dad grew up in Des Arc which is where my Grandparents are buried. I also have family who live in Lonoke as well as Flippin & friends in Mountain Home. I long to one day live in the Ozarks but for now, we are enjoying living in Japan (my husband is in the Navy)!

Have a wonderful week!

Michelle said...

I really like your new "look!" And you took some excellent pictures on your trip. I especially like the one of you and hubby and the daughter and sil in front of the window. So nice!

Kathy said...

I love your new blog. I need to update mine so bad! I look like a blowfish wearing football pads in that first picture. It was great to see you all!

Marie said...

Love the look of your blog,might have to change your name to traveling lady,(kidding) you glad to be home for a while huh? Mr.Steve is really the one with the bag allways packed huh?
love your country road , do you ever say as you come home from a trip when traveling down your road "home sweet home"

ck_tulsa said...

That is my hometown as well. I recognized Eddie Lou and thought is that...? Then the Redman Cemetery confirmed it. I worked for Mrs. Lou for a few years before we moved to central Arkansas in 1990.