Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Us Girls


My two favorite girls came over this week-end to see Papa off before his mission trip to Nicaragua and spend a few days with me!


Harper  and her Papa got in a few hours Friday night of special time together.  She adores him and somehow I think the feeling is mutual!!



Saturday morning we went up to the church to see the team off for their trip!


Now it was just us girls..........

..........and the dogs, of course!!



Harper just loves dogs!






Harper is growing up and is just the sweetest little girl! (Do I sound like a Grandma or what?)
Nothing is sweeter than when she is in my arms, hugging me, patting me on my back and saying, "Nonny"!

PRICELESS!

I do have to tell you that Skipper was lead astray by his city cousin, Dawson.  Skipper is NOT allowed to jump on the bed.  He has his own very nice bed and a leather chair that he naps in.  But cousin Dawson told him that he not only gets to jump on the bed, but he gets to sleep with his Mama.

So, Saturday night, Skipper started out in his OWN bed and later I found him upstairs in bed with Kelly and Dawson!

This is one of my favorite poses of Harper.  She is always holding up her hands and says, "Where is Papa or where is Daddy or Skipper, etc."  It is so funny to listen to her.


Harper and her Mama having some down time before bed.

Just keeping it real.........we do have our moments!!


Thanks, Kelly and Harper, for spending some girl time with me!
Let's do it again real soon!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Again, she is a doll :) Love all her poses!! Harper's hair is getting long!

Becky said...

Nothing like "grand" time!!!

Linda said...

Harper is even adorable when she is throwing a fit! Ha!

I loved all these pictures, and especially when she puts out her hands turned up with all of her questions...she is getting to that question age huh?

I know her grandpa will miss her while he is away. There is just something special about a grandpa and his girls.

I am glad that you had time with Kelly and Harper...I know they love their times with you too.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Glad you had such a great time with Kelly and Harper!!! I can't believe how much Harper has grown and can't believe that she is almost 2. It just seems like yesterday that I was reading Kelly's blog and waiting for her to be born. I hope your hubby has a nice mission trip. Love & blessings from NC!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I love Kelly's face in the last photo. She looks so calm in the midst of Miss H's drama. Haha!

Miranda said...

LOVE little miss Harper's cute face! Her crying face is so adorable.. LoL :-)

Colleen said...

I have a friend also doing a missions trip in Nicaragua, I will be praying for "Papa" this week and also for you...

Nancy said...

Precious!

Taylor said...

So sweet! I love the picture of Kelly and Harper laying on the couch...so sweet!!

ashmhendrix said...

Girls days are the best! :) Harper is so loved, and that makes my heart so happy!! Reminds me of my relationship with my mama, mamaw, & great-grandmother! Precious!

Anonymous said...

Sweet times! I tell you...that Harper is a doll. I cant wait till we get to welcome another "Stamps" into the mix. Take care~

Missy Schranz said...

Hi! I"m a new follower to your blog, I found the link from your daughter's blog, "Kelly's Korner" You both have amazing blogs! Please stop by and see my blog when you have a moment. I would love to have you visit!

Have a great day!
God bless!
Missy
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

Joy Junktion said...

Yes...You sound like a grandma...just like me...isn't it just the BEST!!!!!
Prayers for your missions team:)