Thursday, February 10, 2011

Time On My Hands

After Christmas I meant to blog about the gift I made for Hubs for our family's gift exchange.  Of course, like everything else that I would like to do and seem never to get done, it went by the wayside.

However, due to being house-bound for the past two days, I now have all my ironing caught up and my mind started drifting to "things thought of but yet undone".  To show you the gift was one of those things on my list!

Now, when I say "I made it" I hope you know I use that phrase very loosely!  Actually, Apple and my Mac made it with a little assistance from me.  I did pick out the pictures!

I made a hardback book with pictures of Harper with just her Nonny and Pappa!  Is that not the height of selfishness?  I just wanted her to someday to be able to go back through this little book and "feel the love" that she has brought into our world in a short two years!!

The Front Cover

The Back Cover

The inside cover flap

The Introduction Page

The first time we laid eyes on her in the NICU




















These are just a few of the many pages that I chose to add to the book.  Believe me, I had some  hard choices to make.  I had thousands of pictures to chose from. 


And, yes, I'm sure there will be a volume two someday of Hollis with her Nonny and Pappa!  And any other grandbaby that God blesses us with!  (Even Texas grandbabies someday!!!!)

This was a fun gift and I spent less on it than if I had gone to the store and picked out a gift for Hubs that he probably wouldn't have ever used or enjoyed as much!

20 comments:

Missy Schranz said...

What a beautiful book! I did a similar book with Shutterfly about my mom. I put all my favorite pictures in there of her so I'd never forget her now that she is in Heaven. Just wanted to leave a comment that your book is fantastic! Harper is soooo adorable, the cutest I've seen! God bless you and your husband.

Missy
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

Kelly’s Korner said...

Harper is one lucky little girl!!!!
P.S. When you talk about "other grandbabies" ...........I hope you are ONLY talking about Texas Grandbabies. :-)

April said...

Judy...that is the SWEETEST idea and such a timeless treasure! You really make me look so forward to having my own grandbabies to love on one day! Enjoy every second of this wonderful adventure!

ashmhendrix said...

Oh how precious!! Harper will look back and LOVE that sweet book! I make my mama one every Christmas! :) Just a really great gift. Hope y'all are enjoying the snow!

Candis Berge said...

I loved the book! (I had wanted to do one for each grandchild for their first year, but by the time I realized it, there were TEN grandchildren (in 7 years), so I'm a bit behind..... AGH! I should have gotten right to it when I first considered it...) What a treasure your book will be! And you have to start another pretty soon....

Miranda said...

This is the sweetest thing!!! LOVE IT! :-)

Paula said...

What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

Love the book! I think my Mom would flip over something as sweet as this. She called today and has been snowed in. This makes one week today that she has not been able to drive to work. Yikes! Ya'll are really getting slammed up there. Cold here too...now if you could send some snow down here we would be happy to take it off your hands :)

Kayla said...

I love it! kale made one for me for our anniversary one year. i actually found it not too long ago and about cried!! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a neat gift....I have good intentions of doing the same...and also turning my blog into a book by the year...Need to get motivated...

Donna said...

Precious...it will always be a special treasure!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful book!

I love making memory books through Shutterfly and they always are amazing and touch the heart of the recipient!

Nancy said...

What a precious & perfect gift!! Great idea & I know he LOVED it!
Stay warm!

Lauren said...

How beautiful! I made one of these for my mother and daddy of their babies. 21 and 26! :)

Rebekah said...

The book is beautiful and is such a treasure! I have meant to do one for each year of Cilla's life and of course have fallen short! My life story!

Mallorie said...

I would just like to say thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :-) It made my day! Also I just LOVE the book that you made of Harper is ADORABLE!!! I just love it! I am so glad that I have found your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Unknown said...

i love it--so sweet and precious!

Donna said...

Great idea for a book. But with that subject matter, how could you not? Harper is a little doll. Hope you are beginning to thaw out. It is 60 degrees here in Ga. today. I certainly hope Spring has Sprung! ha
Keeping you in my heart in Ga.
Donna

Joy Junktion said...

Now that my Kori has lost her Papa I need to do the same. That book is great!!! I'm not very computer savvy but maybe I'll give it a shot...it would be so nice for Kori to have a book of just her and her Papa:)

Ali said...

Cute. Cute. Cute. What program or company did you use to create the book?