Friday, April 1, 2011

Harper's Big Adventure

I got to go spend nearly a week with my newest granddaughter and help out (I hope I was some help) with keeping Harper busy so her Mama could get some rest and help to continue to heal from Hollis's birth.


It sure felt good to hold a newborn again!  They are just perfect in your arms, aren't they? Nothing compares to that perfect helplessness of a newborn baby.  Love the way they smell and really, just everything about them!

Harper doesn't seem too jealous of her new baby sister.  Except when Kelly got out a "baby" toy and then Harper wants to play with it too.  I think that is a normal reaction!


Our daughter-in-law's parents sent Hollis the cutest little stool!  You can take the letters out like a puzzle!

Harper, of course, set it down and started stacking the letters up and putting them back! I guess she thought it said "Harper"!!!   She loved it and I'm sure Hollis will too!!



Harper has been getting her share of the attention since baby Hollis arrived!

She and I came back home on Tuesday for her to spend a few days with me and her Papa!

She went to church with us Wednesday night.  She was in Awanas in the Puggles class. (2 year olds)
Mr. Lance brought his guitar and they said she was attached to him most of the time.  When I went in to pick her up she was standing next to Lance strumming the guitar herself.
Guess Papa needs to buy the girl a guitar!

She loves music!  In fact, while I am blogging she is upstairs supposedly taking a nap but I hear her singing, "Jesus Loves Me".  I guess there won't be a nap this afternoon!





Can you tell she loves when her Papa comes home from work?  He helped bathe her last night and her Mama and Daddy called.  So we had "Face Time" in the bathtub.  Harper was showing her Mama and Daddy her feet!  It was fun watching her interact with them on the phone!


She also wanted to help Papa brush his teeth after we brushed hers!


We are having a wonderful time keeping Harper!  We will HAVE to take her home, I guess, after the week-end.   But then that will give us another chance to see this little sleeping beauty!

Did I mention grandchildren are wonderful???






24 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for keeping Harper!!!! This has been a huge help and I know she is having the time of her life!!!I hope y'all aren't too worn out!!! We love y'all and appreciate so much the help you have given us!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Awww...I love the pics of her reaching for her Papa. Y'all are such sweet grandparents. :)

Kimberly said...

You have two of the cutest grand daughters. So sweet!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

You have beautiful grand-daughters. What a blessing they are.

Mallory said...

What a fun time with Big Sister! You can really sweet her sweet personality come to life in these pictures...Hollis is a mini Kelly, just SO pretty!!

Charity said...

I just recently became and Aunt and I have to say it has brought me the most joy I have ever experienced!!!

Strong Man said...

I love your celebration of your family and grandchildren!

Kelley said...

When my second child was born, it was so wonderful when a friend or the grands would call and take my oldest for a few hours. It was such a help.

Michelle said...

Hi.I came from Kelly's blog,I think you need *if you don't have it* a cushion that says "Grandchildren are so much fun ,I should have them first" :D

Shannon said...

I just hopped over here from Kelly's blog and I think it is SO wonderful that you have such a sweet relationship with Harper. My grandma spent a lot of time with me when I was little too, and she and I still talk at least once every two weeks now that I'm almost 30. I pray you have a decades-long closeness with Harper and Hollis too! Blessings to you.

Donna said...

Such sweeties and so beautiful!!Congratulations!!!

Nicole Buser said...

u are so sweet.. i wanna be a grandma like u when my kids have kids..

Melissa said...

that girl is going to be rotten from the inside out after a week with you and Papa...LOL

such wonderful memories and such love those children have.

Sharmin said...

You'll be like Mom, she will call just to see if the boys want to spend the night with her. They love Nana! So does the little cutie helping his daddy play the guitar in your picture. I think they're just 2 handsome fellows...but I might be a little biased.

Marie said...

Love the pictures of Harper and her Papa, praying for a quick healing for Kelly from her c- section, can't wait until Hallis gets a little bigger and see pictures of both of them with you and their Papa, Judy you will need some rest time after little Miss lively won't you , I know because I have been there and done that with mine but it is so rewarding to get all that granddaughter love.

kathy said...

I know how helpful this is to Kelly and Scott. I have to think that you are more than happy to do it! She certainly loves her papa and you too! It is so nice that you get to love on her and make her feel special while Sissy is getting the same at home and Kelly gets to heal and have one on one time with the baby! You are a great Nonny and Papa!

Beth said...

They sure are Judy! I have two just about the same age as yours. My Grace was born 6 days before Harber and Aaron is a few months older than Hollis. I've been following Kelly since Harper was born. I know Harper is loving the time with you and her Papa!

Lolli said...

Congratulations and rest up when you can. Double duty = Double blessings!

Anonymous said...

You sure do have two gorgeous grandkids!!

Nancy said...

So precious! Harper looks like she is having SO MUCH FUN!!
I know you are over the moon about your two grandgirls!! They are beautiful!

Nancy said...

So precious! Harper looks like she is having SO MUCH FUN!!
I know you are over the moon about your two grandgirls!! They are beautiful!

Nancy said...

So precious! Harper looks like she is having SO MUCH FUN!!
I know you are over the moon about your two grandgirls!! They are beautiful!

mamgof5 said...

HI, This is the first time I have read your blog, I was invited from Kelly's blog. I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful family and 2 amazingly beautiful granddaughters. Enjoy every minute with them because I do not need to tell you how fast they grow. Thanks for allowing me to check out your blog.

Linda said...

Judy, you have such beautiful granddaughters. I love all of these pictures. It certainly looks like Harper is having fun!

I know you will miss her after you take her home. But as you said, you will get to hold sweet Hollis and kiss on her again.

I miss having babies in the family. The youngest grandson will be 4 soon. Now I have to wait for great grandbabies. (Our oldest grandson is 20 and so it may just be a few more years) (:>)

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits