There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.
Happy marriages BEGIN when we marry the ones we love and they BLOSSOM when we love the ones we marry.
Forty-one years ago today I married the one I thought I loved more than anything and forty-one years later I love him more today than I did on that rainy January night so very long ago.
I have no gift to give him worthy of what he means to me. I thought I would write him a little list of 41 reasons I have been so blessed by him all these years!
1. I love that he loves the Lord above all....me included! That's the divine order of life!
2. I love that he loves the Word of God and studies it continually.
3. I love that he faithfully proclaims God's Word with no compromise.
4. I love that he is the only person in the world who loves my children as much as I do.
5. I love that he is and has been a loving and faithful husband to me.
6. I love that he thinks our grandchildren are GRAND children! He loves them so much!
7. He is a man of great integrity.
8. He values character over popularity.
9. He is the most generous man I know.
10. He is calm during the storms of life.
11. He is dependable.
12. He is faithful and trustworthy.
13. He is a hard worker.
14. He is super intelligent.
15. He has a keen sense of humor. (That is one of the greatest secrets of a happy marriage!)
16. He know how to do many diverse things such as build things, do plumbing, tiling, electrical, etc.
17. He knows how to work so many technological gadgets. (That always amazes me)
18. I love how he appreciates the little things in life. Not a big pleasure-seeker.
19. I love how he was so unselfish in the ways he loved my parents and helped them when they were alive.
20.I love that he loves to eat dill pickles right out of the jar.
21. He prays for all of us in his family, including all our church family.
22. I love that he is a die heart Razorback fan....faithful fan...win or lose!
23. I love how he loves his tractor.
24. I love how he is not a clothes-horse.
25. I love how he can be counted on during a crisis.
26. I love that having white hair (and these days, very little of it) since he was young doesn't bother him.
27. I love how he has a tender heart and tears up frequently.
28. I love how he watches "This Old House" on TV and wishes he could work along side of "Norm".
29.I love how dependable he is. I can always trust him.
30. I love how he is not musically talented very much but that doesn't stop him from loving music and singing and praising God!
31.I love how he loves to travel to other countries and do mission work for sharing God's Word to all parts of the world!
32.I love how he can be asleep snoring before I can get my pillow fluffed and covers straightened!
33. I love that he is physically strong and is not afraid of physical work.
34. I love that he is able to think rationally and calmly when others do not.
35. I love that he loves the children in our church and loves to play with them!
36. I love that he is a ferocious appetite for reading and reads probably a book a week.
37. I love that he lets me be ME!
38. I love that I always feel safe when I'm with him.
39. I love that he has such a love for our country, for history and a keen insight into politics. (That's what he majored in during college)
40. I love that he always has a great sense of direction....rarely gets lost.
And finally, number 41: I love him because for 41 years now he has been my very best friend, has loved me and made me feel special.
I love you Steve! What you say we try for 50????