Monday, September 10, 2012

Announcing.........

After taking about a three months sabbatical, I am back to blogging beginning today!

I didn't set out to purposely not blog since Caroline's wedding in June; however, many events were happening that were much more important in my life than blogging and I wanted to fully focus on these and then the time just flew by!



First of all, I wanted to announce we have a new granddaughter!!
This is not new news to all our friends, family, church family and FB friends who have seen her and know she is beautiful!

"C" was born in June and is the primary reason I have not blogged in so long.  I have made three trips to see her!
My son and his wife have chronicled their month by month pregnancy on their private blog. We were told the wonderful news early last fall when they came for a visit.  My son made a video of their pug, Coco, teaching math facts. (He sometimes makes these for the kids at school using the dog.) It was hilarious, of course, and ended with Coco "spelling" out with her puppy chow that "one plus one equals three". Then they showed Coco dressed with her sweater that said "Big Sister".

It took a minute or two for it to register with us what they were telling us.....and then the shouting and crying for joy began!!
What a fun way to announce their new baby coming! We were thrilled!

Papa made a changing table/dresser for the new baby just as he made Harper.  





So in June we loaded up the new dresser, took some vacation time and went to Dallas to be there when the stork arrived!

Carrie's parents, her cousin Ann and Steve's sister Kathy were all at the hospital waiting patiently for the arrival!

The anxious grandparents!

My prayer was for a healthy baby and a safe delivery for Carrie. My prayers were both answered!
We are so blessed!

Steve's mother got to come to the hospital to meet her new Great-granddaughter! It was very special for all of us!
Papa showing off some pictures he made of the baby to his Mama and Sister.

Baby"C" is perfect in every way and Chris and Carrie are terrific parents.  They have ask that we don't post pictures of her on the internet so I am going along with their wishes.  But you will hear plenty about her in the years ahead!

I stayed for several more days when everyone else left for home and it was a great time for bonding with the baby and watching your children be parents for the first time!

I went home and Carrie's Mom and sister came for a week. Then my sister and I went down for a few days.  Then Kelly went down for a few days.  So we all got to have a chance to help spoil the new baby right off the bat!  She is really good-natured and everyone says she looks just like her daddy but also looks like her Mama and she has Carrie's long eyelashes!!



Out for a walk and neighbors meeting the new baby.

I love this sweet family!

A couple of weeks ago school was getting ready to start back in Texas and so I made another trip the first week the teachers had to be back.  I kept Miss "C" while her Mom and Dad had all kinds of teacher's meetings and open-house at their schools.

A whole week of just me and my precious new grand baby. Do you think they had to twist my arm to come???

Meanwhile, between trips to Dallas, we also got to keep Miss Hollis a week while her parents took Harper and went to the beach.  We decided it wouldn't be much of a vacation with a baby at the beach, and besides we really needed some time with our Hollis!





This next picture is Hollis dressed in a little dress her great-grandmother made for me about 63 years ago.  I kept it (along with a couple of others)all these years and wanted to make my granddaughter's picture in it.  It is in really good shape.  My mother was such an awesome seamstress.



Also, Hubs went on his annual trip to India for two weeks. The girls and I met him to welcome him home after his long journey.


So, now you can see I've been busy the past few months!!



I hoped you have noticed my awesome new header! I finally met Faith of http://walkwithmebyfaith.blogspot.com at Caroline's wedding and ask her to give my blog a make-over! I am very pleased with the results and love the crisp updated colors! 

Here is Faith, me and Jenna of "JennaBabe" fame at Caroline's wedding! I have conversed with the girls so many times and was so blessed to get the pleasure of meeting them!

Faith and her sweet husband Chad are expecting twin girls soon and I can hardly wait for her to experience motherhood! They will be terrific parents!


So, that's the story of my missing-in-action this summer! Thanks to so many of you who sent me notes telling how much you enjoy my blog and were missing me!  That really did give me the encouragement to start blogging again!

I have many more things to share but this will be enough to get me back in the blogging "groove" for today!!



29 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on your 3rd granddaughter!

Allison said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again!

Kimberley said...

welcome back :) congratulations on your latest grand daughter! such a sweet time!! love hollis in your dress - what a super special keepsake!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newest granddaughter! What a blessing :)

Angie said...

Congratulations!
I was wondering what was up! Glad you are back!!
Harper looks SO much like her uncle!

Angie said...

Congratulations!
I was wondering what was up! Glad you are back!!
Harper looks SO much like her uncle!

April said...

So wonderful to see a post from you today, Judy! Your family is growing by leaps and bounds! Your newest addition is precious! Hope your recovery is going well.

Natasha said...

Congratulations on your newest grandbaby! What an exciting thing to be keeping you away from blogging.

Glad that you are back.eyoeyo

Anne N. said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! So glad you are back to blogging,=.

Granna Girl said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us. I can understand their fear of her photo being online but as a parent and grandparent I understand. How has Kelly managed to keep it a secret??
I'm from El Dorado and I'm not sure how I got hooked up with Kelly but that's how I found you!

Nancy said...

SO Exciting!! Congrats on your third granddaughter! That is wonderful news!! They are a precious family.
SO happy you are back!

Johanne said...

Congratulations to the whole family.

You have so many great reasons to not having your blog updates. So many great times, thanks for shairng with us :)

I did miss your stories and pictures. Can't wait till the next post.

Andrea said...

Congratulations and welcome back! I understand Chris & Carrie's concerns over sharing the baby's pictures and just want to say what a blessing it is that y'all honor that for them!

Melissa said...

YEA!!!!

yea for you blogging again

YEA for a new baby

yea for having Hollis all by herself

such exciting news...i do understand the picture thing...but oh how i wish we could that sweet thing!

congratulations all around!

Maryellen said...

Welcome back you were missed !
Looks like you had a blessed summer. All those precious grand daughters.

Kelley said...

Congrats on your new grand baby! I am so glad you are back blogging!

Mama2Kayden said...

Congrats on your newest grandbaby! She must look just like Hollis since Hollis looks just like her Uncle Chris! lol

Terri Grothe said...

Congrats on the New Baby.
Love Hollis wearing your dress, what a treasure to have <3
welcome back

Kathy said...

Great post Judy! Loved all the pictures and actually liked mine for a change. We are all so thrilled for Ms C to join the family. Chris and Carrie will be wonderful parents! I like the pictures of their neighborhood friends greeting our new little munchkin.

Marianne said...

So good to "see" you back! So glad all is well! Congrats on the new family addition. She is beautiful! Hollis is precious in your dress - how special that is! From Marianne in Lubbock, Tx, a faithful reader but not a blogger!

Marianne said...

Hi, from another grandmother in Lubbock, TX, a faithful reader but a non-blogger. It is so good to "see" you back! Congrats on the newest member to the family - she is beautiful! How fun to see Hollis in your dress - so special! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to prove I'm not a robot and get this posted to your blog. I can't seem to get those crazy letters right but I'll keep trying. 😉

Chris said...

I was wondering where you've been! Congratulations!

Chris said...

I was wondering where you've been! Congratulations!

Lynette said...

Welcome back! You were missed. I kept checking into see of you were back or not and wondered what was going on. Congratulations on the newest grandbaby. Aren't they wonderful?!

Pam said...

I'm so happy you are back! I met you at Saint Francis (volunteer) and enjoy reading your blog and have missed you. I'm a grammy of 4 so know the joys of grandchildren. Congratulations on your new blessing.

Pam said...

Don't know how to twitter so pretend this is a twitter to you....I'm thinking of you as you recover. Just think you're missing the last of the hot, hot days, you don't have to cook, clean, etc. Seriously I do hope you heal quickly and will be up soon.

Erin said...

So glad you are blogging again! Congratulations on the new granddaughter, she is beautiful!!!!! Always love seeing pictures of Hollis & Harper!

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a beautiful dresser and a beautiful baby girl too!!!

Welcome back!

The other Nonny!

Donna said...

You're baaaack!!!! Glad to see this listed on Kelly's blog. The new baby is adorable. And Hollis in your dress is sooo cute. My Grandmother made a green gingham check dress for me. It must have been popular fabric way back when. Wish i still had mine. Steve did a great job on the dresser. He could have a second career as a woodworker.