Sunday, March 30, 2014

Midnight Madness or A Nonny's Dream Come True

Well, I have just enough energy to prop myself up at my computer and chronicle this past week when I finally got to keep my two oldest granddaughters together!


In the past they have come one at a time or I keep one and the other set of grandparents keep the other.  But now that Hollis has turned three and actually sleeps through the night, I've gotten very brave and ask to have them both!

Great idea!

You couldn't ask for any better little girls (OK, I am somewhat prejudice, but trust me, they are good and sweet)!

So this is just a blog for myself to help me remember a few of the things we did this week.  I will look back at this maybe in a couple of years and fondly remember how sweet they were at this age and that they ACTUALLY loved to come to stay at Nonny and Papa's house!!









They played dress-up......







Skipper helped them watch a movie......Ok, he slept through it...but they watched "Annie" or at least parts of it!






They found a picture of me in the upstairs closet that was made when I was just about the same age as Harper.  I made their picture with it to see if they resemble their Nonny!  What do you think?




They rode their scooters.......





And Papa rode them "all over the world" on the 4-Wheeler........





We baked........
The next generation of Betty Crockers, Paula Deens and Martha Stewarts!!!




And, of course, there's always walking down the country road to get some exercise!   No fancy gyms for these two!!




Aunt Linda came by to visiting bearing early Easter bunnies!



And then today......and we knew this was going to happen.....the parents came to claim their babies!   Just when we were getting started on some real fun!



Hopefully we can take this adventure up again this summer.......

Papa and Nonny are looking so forward to that!














12 comments:

Rachel Zimm said...

How fun that both of the girls got to stay with you at the same time!
From the 4wheeling to the baking brownies-it looks like it was a blast for them! :)
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Pam said...

What sweet memories you made that week. And I fully know about the energy needed! I'm thankful I have DVD's to watch after lunch as "Grammy needs a little rest'.

Melissa said...

i have always thought that Hollis looks just like you! I'm sure fun was had by all...and now it will take you a few days to recover!

Sugar said...

You are the BEST Nonny! Those girls are so fortunate to have you!!

Joy Junktion said...

There is Nothing like spending time with the Grands! I have had 1, 2, or 3 of my granddaughters at least 1 or 2 days per week for the past 9 1/2 years. Now it's mostly the 2 youngest every Thursday, I wouldn't trade a moment of my time with them for anything in the world! I'm sure you absolutely LOVE spending time with your little granddaughters! They sure are precious!! I'm also sure that Kelly and Scott enjoyed some very special time alone! You are a blessing to them! Blessings to you, Cindy

Kimberley said...

what fun memories made! for everyone! :) and I just love how your sister Linda treats the girls as if they were her own. so incredibly sweet!!

Maryellen said...

Looks like summer camp. I can see why the girls love their visits.

Brooklynn said...

My grandparents lived in the country and we LOVED going down there. We always got to stay a week in the summer, and it's still one of my fondest memories. I know they are just in heaven when they get to stay with you guys.

And, I'm sure their parents appreciate it too! HA!

Renae said...

How precious!! And yes I think little Hollis looks like you in that picture.

Melanie Keffer said...

Just loved it! I always thought Hollis looked like you, but the picture most definitely looks like Harper!

I just can't wait for my grandma years! :)

Melanie Keffer
Olive Branch, MS

The Garners said...

Oh the fun!!! Love that picture of them with their bunnies and bunny ears! :)

Kelley said...

I bet that was the best visit! They are absolutely beautiful girls!