Monday, August 13, 2007

Go ye therefore and teach all nations......

After two days of air travel which included 8 hour layovers in London and cancelled and delayed flights, S is now home!! Thank you Lord! I went over to the airport to pick him up and he got in (finally) around 11:30 last night!

He is sooooo happy to be back at the "farm"! Tired, jet-lagged, little voice left but an awesome experience with the pastors in India. The picture above is part of his class. Some were unable to attend because of the flooding in India that you have no doubt read about in the papers recently. Some travelled by train for four days to attend class. These young (and a few older men) will be here for seminary training for 10 weeks. S said they were so excited by the study Bibles that our church so lovingly provided them. He got a wonderful picture of them holding up their new Bibles. Talk about swords for the battle!

I am so blessed to have S home again and thank God for watching over him and protecting him once more. I also am so thankful that modern technology made it possible for us to talk on the phone everyday! Talk about a small world....one day I was in Wal-Mart shopping and my phone rings and it's my hubby in India! He sounds like he's a couple of blocks away instead of half-way around the world! Awesome! I always think of when my Dad was held captive as a POW in WWII and his family didn't have ANY contact for months and months.
Has the world changed.....soldiers today can email their families and see their pictures in an instant. What a blessing! We complain about how awful times are today (and they are) but we need to remember to be thankful for SO many things! Right now I am just thankful for having my sweet husband home and for God using him again to further His word in the world! God is so good.....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad Dad is home. I love that picture - but WHOAH - Dad looks just like Poppie in that picture!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he is home...I've been checking your blog daily, and I asked Mom last night and she told me he'd been delayed in London. What a neat trip--that's a great group picture. The young men there are so blessed to have had him for a teacher this week!