Friday, September 28, 2007

My Man


I have been tagged by Kelly to tell about "my man"! This is a first time tag for me so here goes !
1. Who is your man? Steve
2. How long have you been together? We started dating the summer of '69 inbetween our junior and senior year at the University of Arkansas. We got engaged in March of 1970 and got married in January 1971 and have been married 36 years! Whew!
3. How long did you date? Oops, answered that on number 2.
4. How old is your man? He turned 59 September 14th! Can that be possible?
5. Who eats more? Thank goodness, he does!
6. Who said "I love you" first? You know I really can't remember....it was a mutual thing!
7. Who is taller? He is.
8. Who sings better? I would say me but you know he's not a bad singer but he can't clap in rhythm. har like that matters!
9. Who is smarter? Easy answer......HE IS!
10. Whose temper is worse? His.....I have no temper! :)
11. Who does the laundry? That would be me but he does know how to do it! And he can iron if he has to!
12. Who takes out the garbage? Both of us....but he always hauls it off.
13.Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do because it's closer to the bathroom!
14. Who pays the bills? In our younger years, he did, but I have for many years now.
15. Who is better with the computer? Second easiest answer......HE IS!
16. Who mows the lawn? I use to help mow but due to a retina problem the eye doctor told me not to get on
a riding mower so I haven't mowed in several years. Also where we live now in the "country" Steve
mows alot with a tractor.....I don't drive a tractor....yet!
17. Who cooks dinner? Taco Bell, Chili's, Sonic, KFC, Pizza Hut..............har.......I do!
18. Who drives when you are together? He almost always does unless I swing by his office to pick
him up in my car to run visit someone or a short jaunt.
19. Who pays when you go out? He almost always does but I do not carry alot of cash. It all comes out of
the same pot anyway.
20. Who is the most stubborn? Boy, this one is hard. We have always kidded each other about how stubborn
we both are....so kids, you come by it naturally. I really think I am more stubborn than he is !
21.Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Another toughee.....I think it's usually mutual. We don't
argue much. Always kiss and make-up......makes for a long happy marriage!
22. Whose parents do you see most? This is probably more of a young couple's question. My parents are both
deceased and Steve's parents live in Dallas and we don't get to see them as much as we would like to.
When we were young married we lived in Dallas and saw his parents alot and then would drive to
Arkansas alot to see mine. When your children are little, you want them to see the grandparents!
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first and has never stopped! Thank goodness!
24. Who asked who out? You know we were friends for a long time and just hung out together
and so those times just turned in to dates I guess.
25. Who proposed? He did! On March 17, 1970, the UofA closed down for the first time because of heavy snow
and I was doing my "practice teaching" and didn't have to go to school that day so we put on our snow boots
and hiked down to the jewelry store, Underwood's on Dickson Street, and picked out a ring and got engaged!
I'll never forget it! I don't know if they still do this but that night in my sorority house we had a candlelight and
you passed around a candle while everyone sings and the one who has been pinned or engaged blows out the
candle and everyone screams and crys and thus, they all know you are engaged! That is so corny I'm sure today
they are much more sophisticated! But it was always great fun!
26. Who is more sensitive? ME
27. Who has more friends? Woman usually have more girlfriends .....so that's a tough one.
28. Who has more siblings? I have one sister 15 months older than me and Steve lost a brother at age 29 to cancer but
he also has a sister who lives in Dallas.
29 Who wears the pants in the family? He does and that's the way I like it and should be!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Very interesting!
I'm pretty sure they still have candle lights or "blowouts" as we called them at OBU. I never got to have one. :-(

Jessica said...

Okay, your engagement story is SO romantic! The snowboots, Dickson Street, Underwoods... What a love story! The UofA campus must bring back some emotional memories for both of you. I love it! I hope David and I have a wonderful marriage testimony like you do. : )

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this! And your engagement story is so neat!

Anonymous said...

Great fun reading this one!