Monday, October 8, 2007

Overload




I have always loved magazines. Especially magazines about your home and cooking. But if you put ALL the magazines before me the first one I would pick up would be a home decorating magazine. For years I poured through magazines, tearing out pages and putting them in files for each room I wanted to decorate. So now that I have my house pretty much "done" I still can't bring myself to stop collecting ideas. I try to get ideas for new arrangements for the church flowers and I love to learn how to display food too. I love the new Paula Deen magazine. I feel it's a little expensive but I rationalize when I buy one that I don't drink Lattes or have my nails done like alot of women do, so I can at least spend $5 on a beautifully done magazine with recipes (that I might actually cook)!


However, I get so many magazines lately that I don't seem to get through one months issue till here comes another! I take my old magazines to a lady at the nursing home and she passes them on to her daughter.

So, how many magazines do you get and what is your favorite??

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I've always told people I get my love of magazines from my mom! I'm like you - I get so many and I just don't have much time anymore so I constantly have a stack to read. But I save them and pass them on to my friends.
Southern Living is my VERY favorite and I like Paula Deen's. I also love Redbook, House Beautiful, Good Housekeeping and Better Homes and Garden. I used to like fashion magazines but now my favorites are more home, food and decorating magazines.
I also get "Parenting" magazine (for future references). ;-)

Melissa Stover said...

i don't take any magazines right now but i love southern living and usually get my mom's when she's through with it. i still love house books too. books that show a house plan and then pics of the interior finished home. i love dreaming up new house plans, though i'll probably never build again.

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

I get Ladies Home Journal, Good Housekeeping, Rachael Ray, and I love the new Paula Deen as well. I like to pick up People every now and then depending on who is on the cover. I love magazines. My husband gripes, but I try to rationalize it as well. Thanks for the comment on my page!

Faith said...

I love my Taste of Home, Simple and Delicious and Today's Christian Woman. i used to get Parenting when my oldest was younger (she is now 14) and I used to get Marriage Partnership. My favorite is Today's Christian Woman. I love your blog! I found it from visiting another one and decided to check yours out! Oh, yeah, I also get Adirondack Explorer as we live very close to the mountains and I am a hiker fanatic!

Anonymous said...

I only get two now: Southern Living and Redbook, both Christmas gift subscriptions from my Mother-in-Law. I enjoy looking at all the pictures (I rarely read the articles though) and tearing out ideas and recipes. (I have file folders and notebooks of things/ideas--decorating, cooking, house plans, etc. that I've saved since I was a teenager!) I love Cooking Light, but I didn't renew it last year because I don't have time to read it, and the recipes are too "fancy" for me to try to cook with small kids around. L's mom saves her Better Homes & Gardens and Country Living for me, which I love looking at, too. When I'm in line at the store or getting my haircut I always look at People. I only buy it if I'm going on an airplane for some reason.