Sunday, November 18, 2007

Life Changing Trip


As our pastor preached about giving thanks this morning at church I was thinking of where I was a year ago this week. It was in Nicaragua where I ventured out on my very first overseas mission trip. I can remember as a small child in our church's GA program studying about missionaries in other lands. I have always supported financially and prayed for missionaries for years but now was my time to put my feet to action and GO!

I can tell you that trip changed my life! I never felt so fulfilled as I did working in Nicaragua helping a dentist from Flordia (who was just a great guy and such a hoot) pull teeth all day long and into the night! I have never been so tired in all my life but absolutely filled with joy! God showed me so many things to be thankful for and what a work He is doing all over the world!


I urge you who feel any leading from the Lord to go on the mission field even for a week....then pray about it and run, do not walk, in that direction. The people will be blessed by your service to the Lord and I promise you, you will be greatly blessed by Him who is able to do exceedingly , abundantly above all you could ask or think!!

1 comments:

The Garners said...

This is such a neat post. After reading it, I wanted to ask that you please pray for L...he's considering trying to go on a medical mission trip to Honduras next summer. There's a group from our church that goes each year, and he's mentioned it several times...I'm not sure if the timing is right, but I hope he will go--I think it would really be life-changing and give him a vision for his new (future) career. I'd love to go someday, too.