Monday, November 19, 2007

Operation Christmas Child


This week I have worked getting the boxes ready for our annual Operation Christmas Child project by Samaritan's Purse. Our church has participated in it for many years but this is our second year to be a relay center for our area. That involves being at the church for several hours everyday for a week and greet people as they bring their boxes to our center for shipping to another center at the end of the week. Today I help pack 325 boxes in cartons for shipping to another center. Then we loaded them in the back of our truck and drove them to the next place where they will be placed with other boxes in our region of the state! I only wish I could be in some foreign country when the kids come to receive their boxes and hear the good news about Jesus! I am so tired tonight but it is worth any effort I could give to see these gifts in the hands of sweet little children who have basically nothing! May God bless these boxes as they go out all over the world!
Don't you love my little turkey? My sweet sister got it for me because I am cooking dinner for all of us on Thursday and told her not to bring a thing! She works very hard (teaching) all day and I want her to come and not have to cook anything! So she got me a little turkey for the table!

I hope each one of you who reads this(yes, all 2 or 3 of you) will have a blessed Thanksgiving. Don't forget to count your blessings and the list will be sooooooooooo long you may be late for dinner! Blessings to all!

4 comments:

The Milams said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I am glad to see that you visited my blog!

Kelly said...

Cute turkey! I'm sorry we won't be there but I'm sure you will have a good thanksgiving anyway.
I love you!

The Garners said...

That is a cute turkey decoration! Happy Thanksgiving! It's such a wonderful holiday.

I'm praying for the children who will receive the boxes you packed today. It would be so neat to be able to see their sweet faces.

Melissa Stover said...

we did shoeboxes for the first time this year with our homeschool group. we really had fun doing it.