Monday, November 12, 2007

Tool Time

I've always loved Pottery Barn. I have been to their stores many times and always get their catalogs. I especially love their children's catalogs....so sweet! I saw the above pictures in one of their catalogs and just loved it. My husband has been wanting an entertainment center to put up in our bonus room above our garage for two years now. (He is always trying to figure out how to talk me into a big flat screen TV) I think they are unnecessary but men just think they are necessary and we don't even hardly watch TV! So Steve the ToolMan started to work!



Every night when he gets home from work if he has no meetings or whatnot to do, off he goes to his shop. My picture does not do it justice, but it is a beautiful replica of the Pottery Barn center only at 1/3 of the cost and probably much better wood and made with love and care! He is just about finished, needs to add the crown molding on the top and the hardware on the doors.
He has certainly a gift for woodworking as far as I'm concerned. Some men hunt, fish or golf. My hubby builds things and I think I am blessed by his handiwork! So, now, do you think I should rethink my position on the BIG TV and let him get it?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

The kids might come home more often if you have a big TV. (just kidding!) ha!
It looks REALLY good! I can't wait to see it in person! It should be up in the room by Christmas, huh?

Anonymous said...

Wow--this is SO neat! I love the PB look too, but we have a few pieces of furniture from there that have not "held up" very well. I'm sure S's handiwork will look wonderful and be great quality! What a great hobby. I wish I could do that! I would love to furnish our playroom with those PB organizer units from the kids catalog, but it would cost $10,000 to make it look like the catalog picture!
P.S. I'd say yes on the tv! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Please post a finished product picture when you get it in the room, decorated, etc.! :)

Jessica said...

What a talented hubby!