Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday Soup Day

Today was our Ladies Fall Soup Luncheon at our church. We had so many soups of all flavors. I had to sample three: Gumbo, Chicken Cheddar and the plain old veggie soup! They were all so good on a cool fall day! But......
The dessert women outdid themselves!! We had the largest table full of the BEST desserts I've seen in a long time! Well, the only polite thing to do was to try a "little" of as many as I could without looking like a HOG! I think we all did!
This year we had three of our ladies give their testimonies and show pictures from their lives on the "big screens" behind them. I loved all their stories of their lives. Very touching about how God was there for them even through the absolutely worst parts of their lives. This one lady in the picture above is now married to the man she was engaged to when they were very young and broke it off and parted and married other people. Then , some 40 years later, met up again and married!! Very interesting!
These are the three ladies who shared their lives with us today. God was so good to us today to allow such sweet fellowship, fantastic food and lives that have been touched by the Master! What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful fall Saturday!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have been there!