Saturday, December 8, 2007

A Day Not Fittin' for Animals or Beast....

Today is cold, foggy and rainy! A day to be thankful after a busy week just to be home and INSIDE! I made a pot of chili and we enjoyed a warm lunch. I am looking forward to trying a bunch of the new recipes I got off Boo-Mama Soup-tacular yesterday but most require a trip to the grocery store and I didn't want to go to town!! S walked the dogs from his shop where they live down to the house to see me.
I called them Italian dogs because they would jump a hoop for a piece of Salami!
The two Westies have always "sat up" on their hind legs and beg for minutes at a time for a bite of anything considered "people food". It is always a treat for them. They love their dog food because we give them dry dog food and then my husband warms up in the microwave canned dog food and pours it over the dry! Just once a day. In the evenings they get a little dry food just before dark.
This is Kramer. We have had him the longest. He is a special dog to us even though he has cost us an arm and a leg in medical bills over the years. But he is worth it!! Just a funny little dog! So tonight is always a "three dog night" at our house!!

5 comments:

The Garners said...

This is so cute of them all begging for salami! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great day for soup! I love your kitchen!

Kelly said...

Dawson can't wait to see the boys at Christmas!

Jessica said...

You have the sweetest little dogs!

Lallee said...

Oh how darling. I had to come find your Westies when you said you had two. In your question about my son's dog, she is a Scottie. Scotties come in three colors and her light color is called Wheaten. It is common for them to get mixed up with Westies. Most people aren't familiar with this color. Both breeds (and Cairns) came from a single terrier breed many, many moons ago. Give your fur babies hugs for me.

Lallee