Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Foggy Night in Branson

For the past two years my husband has been on the board for our denomination's children's homes in the state. Last night we went with other board members and some young boys from the boy's ranch to Branson for a Christmas dinner at Shepherd of the Hills. It was a very rainy, cold and foggy night in Branson but we all enjoyed our night!
The dinner was held in an outdoor theater (closed in for the season) and included 10 singing cowboys and a little girl who sang while sitting on her horse. Each of the cowboys were excellent musicians in their own right,playing gituars, bass, violins, and the harmonica. They sang alot of cowboy Christmas songs and a few religious songs. The best was "Mary, Do You Know?" That is one of my favorites!
The food was served up "cowboy style" - stew, potatoes, corn-on-the-cob,cornbread,smoked sausage and apple crisp for dessert. Very filling food, I must say. Nothing I would probably ordered, but good nonetheless! Then they drove us through the light show for about 2 miles around the area. It was a nice, Christmasy evening!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds pretty fun - but that food does not look very good to me. I would have had to stopped by Sonic on the way home. :-)

His Doorkeeper said...

We couldn't have SEEN the Sonic in the fog last night!!!! Mom

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog page! You are so encouraging and I really appreciate it! I love your daughter and she has been a real encouragement to me as well. We pray for each other. :-) Your prayers for my mother in law have been answered and we are so thankful for them. Your service is precious for the Lord. Take care and stay warm. I love reading your blog! Thanks for raising such a sweet girl.:-)
Elizabeth

Jessica said...

How fun! On cold nights, food like that is good for the soul!

Shelly said...

Oh, someone close by that has ties to home!
My family lives in Fayetteville and my sister and Jessica McCash were friends growing up. I saw "Kelly's Korner" on her link list and I love reading her blogs. They are always entertaining and encouraging.

Dena said...

Sounds like a fun time! Thank you for your visit to my blog. I did indeed see the Country Living article just yesterday and I was thrilled! Most of my family resides in McGehee. Are you near there?

Blessings,
Dena

Anonymous said...

I hear they have some great Christmas Branson shows as well!