Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Night the Lights went off in Georgia......No, make that Flippin

Nothing is more humbling than to have your electricity go off! We were both on our computers plus listening to the New Hampshire primary results on TV and the lights blinked about three times and then went off. Boy, is it dark out here in the country! I have tons of candles and I began to light them so we could see. Hubby turns on our gas fireplace and we settle in for the duration.
It's funny how many things you can think of that you need to be doing....putting another load in the washer, ironing hubby's shirts that are stacking up in the laundry room, turning on the dishwasher, etc. Of course, each involves electricity! Boy, do we take that for granted!

So we both settled in with our candles, fireplace and a flashlight and started reading our books in front of the fireplace. Hey, I kindof like this.....the candlelight is so beautiful and we're both in the same room(not him in his office and me in mine) reading and all is quiet! Ahhhhhh!
And then, BOOM, back come the lights, TV blaring and computers humming! Oh, well, it was sweet while it lasted!

6 comments:

The Garners said...

I always like when our power goes off.......for about 5 minutes, then I start going crazy because all of the stuff I "need to be doing" (why wasn't I doing it when the power went off?). As much as Rhett loves flashlights, we'd be okay if ours went out for a little while--he'd love that! :)

Kelly said...

I kind of wish our electricity would go out for just a little bit so we would have to sit together in the quiet! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, we lack power for an entire morning or afternoon. Usually there is a sign informing us that we will have no power from 1-5pm, etc. They might explain why, but I do not read Chinese that well. So, I mostly just look for the numbers and plan my day accordingly. I am thankful for the advance notice.

Hillary said...

You're so right...when the electricity goes out at first its crazy and frustrating then it becomes enjoyable! Maybe you can turn out all the lights and read by the fireplace again soon! Sounds wonderful!

Meredith said...

Thanks for the comment! I have no idea to add friends, but I would like to add you! You're so sweet!

Leigh Ann said...

You are so right! When our electricity goes off, I find myself still turning on the light switches! Ha!