Thursday, February 21, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Leigh Ann, over at the Hortonsblogspot.com tagged me for 7 Random Things that people may not know about me. And I will tag 7 people at the end of my post and then let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog! So here goes: (remember it's past my bedtime and I'm having a hard time thinking of anything interesting at this late hour!! har)

1. I love antique furniture, large old pieces! i love to go to antique stores, not for the small artifacts, but the heavy old furniture!! I like to imagine the lives of the people who owned them in the past. I always thought it would be fun to work for Cracker Barrel as the person who finds all those antiques they have all over their walls and hanging from their ceilings! Where do you get a job like that?

2. I like to organize things. I like to create event ideas, gather and coordinate decorations, etc.
But I don't want to be "in front" of a crowd. Always working in the background if possible.

3. I love hospitals and I love to go to the hospital and visit people. Nursing homes too!

4. I love to give gifts that are unexpected. I like to buy something for someone that just jumps out at me that says it's perfect for that certain person.

5. I hate instruction books. I am getting more ADD as time goes by. Sometimes I wander from project to project..............

6. I LOVE spring time and the colors of spring! I love decorating my house in pinks, greens and yellows and fresh flowers. I have to show you the new little lamb and chick I bought yesterday in a little shop where my friend and I went after we had lunch. I can't wait to get out all my spring things!
7. I love photography of all kinds. I love antique family pictures and have many of them framed of great-great grandparents, etc. I especially love old school groups. Each one is unique and I would love to know all the stories behind them.

7 comments:

The Garners said...

Fun to read! I will do my "tag" tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy...I just ran upstairs to peek in on the kids before bed. :)

The Garners said...

I LOVE LOVE spring, too. I can't wait to do a little bit of spring decorating. What I REALLY need to do is some spring CLEANING! (But that's not nearly as fun)

Leigh Ann said...

I love Spring, too. That lamb and chick are precious!

Amy said...

I so love spring as well...a time for new beginnings and I'm in desperate need of some good, new beginnings!

Melissa Stover said...

isn't it obvious what i do in my spare time? i blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the very sweet comment about my granny - I very much appreciate them! Oh, and I LOVE your old photographs - I have a lot of old pictures from my family members, and I am trying to frame them and have them around my house! Check my blog for an old picture I received this weekend.

Anonymous said...

When you look at group photos, do you ever think of that scene from Dead Poets Society when Robin Williams has his students looking at group photos?