Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Long Icy Days


The high today has been 28 degrees. It has been drizzling ice off and on all day and I have been cold all day! They say in the spring a young man's fancy turns to love. Well, in winter and being in the house all day makes me want to cook!!

I've been so good about not eating sweets. I had maybe two bites of a fresh-out-of- the -bowl pralines when we were in Florida. But today I was overcome by the Chocolate Monster! I just had to bake some brownies!!

To counteract that I made some chicken stirfry with fresh zucchini and it turned out very good!
But then the brownies topped with Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and a sprinkle of pecans...................oh my!

Oh well, I can walk on the tread mill while I watch American Idol tonight! I guess I'll have to walk at least 5 miles to make up for the splurge!! Spring, please come soon !!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

That ice cream brownie looks really good!!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Sometimes you just have to splurge, and that's my kind of splurge. Looks soooo good!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I read your daughter's blog daily (she is amazing by the way) and I thought it would be nice to meet the woman who raised her. I read your blog about your love for blue and white dishes...Last night we met my family at Crackerbarrell for dinner, and they have an entire collection of blue and white dishes. You might want to check them out!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I read your daughter's blog daily (she is amazing by the way) and I thought it would be nice to meet the woman who raised her. I read your blog about your love for blue and white dishes...Last night we met my family at Crackerbarrell for dinner, and they have an entire collection of blue and white dishes. You might want to check them out!

Meredith said...

That looks so yummy! I bet yall enjoyed it!

Amy said...

Yum, yum, yum!

Guy and Julie said...

That was a splurge that is worth it!

Sharmin said...

Okay, I'm coming to your house the next cold day! I fight with that chocolate monster everyday, and he usually wins!