Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Has Sprung (At least in my heart).......



At last spring looks like it has finally arrived in North Arkansas. We have had ice, snow, tornadoes and floods this winter. It has truly been a weird year weather-wise. But from the looks of things in the last few days, spring has again made it's glorious showing. It is always in God's perfect timing....just when you think you can't take one more month of cold weather and then the trees bloom out overnight! Thank you Lord for your awesomeness once more!!

This is also what makes my heart go pitty-pat! I could hardly wait for today to come so I could go over and pick up my sweetie at the airport from his trip to Nicaragua. You know I think it is wonderful after 37 years of marriage to still get "tingles" when you see your spouse! You younger married people, keep dating your hubby/wife and let it always be God first, spouse next, children next and then everything else! That way you don't wake up someday when your children are grown and have nothing to say to each other! That would be a miserable life!

I have heard many stories about Nicaragua and I hope to share some with you in the next few days! Now I will be busy washing the Nicaraguan 95 degree weather out of hubby's clothes!

5 comments:

The Garners said...

What beautiful trees!

I'm so glad to hear that S made it home safely...I've been wondering/thinking about him this week. I asked Dad last night and he thought he was scheduled to get home today. I can't wait to hear some of the stories from his trip--I'm sure God worked in amazing ways!

Leigh Ann said...

I LOVE that you took pictures of Mr. Steve coming in from the airport. That is so cute. And, I LOVE that you still get pitty-pats! I think I'll always be that way for my Derek, too!

Hillary said...

I'm glad you're back to posting! I asked Kelly where you'd been! And what an encouragement about marriage!! I look forward to that!

pinkmommy said...

So glad he made it home safe!

And the little green leaves and budding dogwoods everywhere are just making my day!!!

Caroline said...

oh that was a sweet post. I love that your heart still goes pitter patter! How wonderfully romantic. I am glad he made it back safe. I can't wait to hear stories....did he take pictures?????

I love trees and those trees were soooooooo beautifull!!!!!!oh spring is such a delight