Monday, April 7, 2008

Making hay (or a flower garden) while the sun shines.....




For the last three years we have had a stack of flat rocks sitting near our house waiting to be used to line a flower bed. Today Hubby took a day off (mainly because it was sunny, not rainy like the rest of the week is suppose to be) and made my new flower bed at the front of our entry gate!

While he was working on that I raked and burn leaves that were there since last fall! Iam not saying I'm out of shape, but after 6 or so hours of raking leaves, I can hardly walk tonight!

Well,the new flower bed is done and tomorrow I will make a trip to town and get some appropriate shrubs to make it look complete. I would love to put in flowers but did I tell you about our herd of deer that make themselves at home here in our yard?? Let's hope they don't have a taste for shrubs!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that looks really good! I love that you put it out by the fence! It makes a big difference - really makes your entrance inviting!!!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, I love that flower bed. It looks so good. Raking leaves is HARD work. I would be so sore after all that! I can't wait to see your finished flower bed. You'll have to post pics.

The Garners said...

That looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it w/plants!

Caroline said...

He did such a great job!!!!!! it looks wonderful!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

I love the flower bed! Especially the rock wall. I am with you on the raking.. that is hard work! Hard work that I like to leave for hubby to finish. Can't wait to see pictures of the completed flower bed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharmin said...

If he gets the urge again, I've got lots of "blank" space. I love the stacked stone flower beds!

Julie said...

I'm jealous you can actually work in the flower beds. Our front flower bed is horrible but it is a lake of mud right now. We've had a lot of rain.