Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy 86th Birthday Poppie!


For Memorial Day we went to Dallas to see hubby's parents and to wish his Dad an early Happy 86th Birthday! Today (June 2) is his birthday! My father-in-law is a retired Army Colonel and has lived a very interesting life in many parts of the world. My husband was born in Japan and has lived in Cuba, Alaska and went to high school in Hawaii. So as an military family moving was common place. My father-in-law always loved being around his grandchildren and my children have many memories of their"Poppie". He always loves to recount the many antics of the kids when they would spend time with he and Grandma in the summers. He now has great-grandchildren and enjoys getting to see them.
This is Poppie and Shirley (Grandma) before Poppie blew out his candles. I am so thankful for wonderful in-laws who have always been so gracious to me and have loved my kids and been loving grandparents all these years!

Happy Birthday Poppie and may God bless you with many more to come! We all love you!

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

He looks SO sweet! Gracious in-laws are truly a blessing!

Julie said...

Poppie looks great for 86!!!! I called my grandfather Poppy!!! I loved reading this post.


p.s. I love your office!! Having all that shelf space must be wonderful!!!

Faith said...

How precious! Happy Birthday Poppie!
That is so cool that your husband lived in Cuba. Chad and I have been to Havana twice on short term mission trips...I absolutely loved it there! I pray we can go back one day!

MiMi said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for welcoming me to bloggville! I appreciate the kind words about my daughter, Faith, and it seems we both have a lot to be proud of in our daughters. I have really enjoyed Kelly's blog so far and now that I have found yours I am sure that I will enjoy it, as well. I'm glad both of our daughters encouraged us to do this! Thanks for sharing Poppie's birthday with us. Happy Birthday, Poppie!!

p.s. I love your office!

Jenna said...

This post is precious! Happy Birthday to Poppie! He looks like such a sweet, sweet guy. :)