Monday, June 16, 2008

Shop Talk

My hubby built his shop many years ago before he started building our house. But he never finished putting in a permanent floor.....only plywood. So recently he bought unfinished oak and is in the process of putting down a floor. This will be another thing to cross off on a looooooong list of things remaining to get done before we enter a retirement home!!




I love to go down to the shop ,check on him, bring him cold water and see what progress is being made. He starts when he gets home from work and works till 9:00pm if he gets the chance. I think it will look so good I have offered to sell our house and move into the shop!


Skpper, our Cocker, is the main foreman on the job at the shop. He watches everything to make sure the work is done to specifications! He works for cookies!
Last night, after church, some friends ask us over to their house for sandwiches and visiting. She made the most lovely pie and I had to take a picture of it because I can not, for the sake of me, make a decent meringue. Hers was beautiful! Do you have a secret you could share for making a meringue?

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I wish I could make a meringue like mam-ma could. I tried once and didn't do so hot.
I can't wait to see the shop once dad is done - it will look really nice! Don't let him work to hard - it's hot!

Julie said...

It sounds like the shop is going to be a very nice shop...wood floors! Wow!!! If he finishes the floors and is bored he could drive over to OK and work with Bryan on the vinyl sidding! :)

Have a blessed week!

The Garners said...

Bro. Steve can do everything! I'm sure it will look so nice.

That's a beautiful pie!

Becky said...

OK I know those aren't french doors in Steve's shop. That just ain't right! HA!!

Jacquie said...

Since Skipper is the foreman... it's probably best Jack doesn't offer his assistant services!

Mmm, pie and coffee!!

MiMi said...

Isn't it nice to have such a handyman that can "do anything"! I am sure that it is going to look great when he is finished and he will feel such a sense of pride about it. I love the foreman on the job, too!
Emilie

Anonymous said...

PRACTICALLY FOOLPROOF
MERINGUE

Real meringue that turns
out right.

3 egg whites
dash of salt
1 cup (8 oz. jar) Kraft
marshmallow creme.

Beat egg whites and salt
until soft peaks form.

Gradually add marshmallow
creme, beating until stiff
peaks form. Spread over
pie filling, sealing to
edge of crust.

Bake at 350, 12 to 15
minutes or until lightly
browned. Cool.

The secret. Kraft
marshmallow creme. It's
whipped. So it makes this
meringue turn out high,
light and smooth, with
real meringue flavor.

His Doorkeeper said...

Thanks Anonymous! I will try that...i bet it tastes good with the marshmallow creme in it!

Thanks again! JudyM

Leigh Ann said...

I was thinking as I was reading and seeing the pictures, that is the nicest "shop" I've ever seen. It looks like a house to me! :) How nice that Steve can do those things himself. I admire "do it yourself-ers." Can't wait to see the finished product.

annalee said...

hi there! i enjoyed browsing your blog this morning. you have a beautiful daughter and family and your words are encouraging. and as for that dog of yours, i love him!