Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father Knows Best

Today is Father's Day! Since I have recently written about my own father and father-in-law, I decided to write about the father of my children! When you see this picture above you know a few things have changed since 1976....kids have grown up and young men have grown older!
But some things never change and that is the love my husband has for his children.

Now the children are adults and he still loves everything about them! He went to all their ballgames, band concerts, cheerleading at ballgames, art shows, science fairs, church camps and all the other things they were involved in as they grew up!

But he is still interested in what they are doing and what makes them the wonderful young adults they have grown up to be. Most of all, he still (and has always) prays for them each day that they will be blessed and live a life pleasing to the Lord. What more can a father do?
A few years ago now we were blessed with a son-in-law whom we think is a most wonderful young man. We pray someday he will become a terrific father for our grandchildren!

In just about a month, our son will be marrying a beautiful(inside and out) girl, Carrie. My husband will be the best man at his son's wedding and he is so proud to have the honor.

What a blessed life my children's father has had if you just look at his children's lives. He certainly will be the first to tell you he has not been the perfect father, but he has done his best !

Happy Father's Day to you, Steve!

7 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

You have such a beautiful family! How blessed Kelly and Chris are to have such a wonderful father. I know you are so proud. Happy Father's Day, Mr. Steve.

Kelly said...

We are SO blessed to have Dad as our Dad! He is/was the best!!!!!!!

The Garners said...

Happy Father's Day. I love that first picture when K & C were little kids.

Becky said...

What a beautiful family! I always enjoy reading about your family and I also enjoy reading Kelly's blog.

Jacquie said...

I can't tell you enough how much I look up to you and Steve and the example that you've been for me raising my boys. (Remember the phone call when Kale was in kindergarten and he had stolen all of Tyler's allowance money to buy school supplies and give them away to all his friends? I thought it was a sign he'd end up in prison!!) You both have helped me through so many situations in my life. You're truly an example of God's love!

MiMi said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband. He sounds like he is an awesome Dad. How exciting that you will soon have another "son", too. Congratulations! Happy Father's Day, Steve!
Emilie

Julie said...

What a wonderful post! I loved seeing the pictures in sequence.

What a fun time you had on your road trip! I loved the picture of the car packed full!! :)