Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Get your bug books out.......

First of all, I want to thank all of you sweet bloggers who dropped by yesterday and wished me a Happy Birthday on my 60th! Trust me, the time from 50 to 60 went by like "Gone with the Wind"!!

I cannot begin to tell you how that made my day and what fun it was to see who all was writing! I told Kelly that if I didn't have so much to do this week (getting ready to leave for son's wedding), I would try to write each of you a little note of personal thanks! But, for now, considered yourself given a HUGE hug by me and God bless each of you! I'll try to write you later!

Now, for the big question: What kind of insect is this? It was on my front porch yesterday and it looks like a grasshopper but it's body looks just like a leaf!

Chickadee, do your kid's science books have a chapter on insects? Thought you might know!

Besides, I have a hard time publishing a post without a picture! har

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy late birthday! I hope it was wonderful! I had to be different and post it under the next day's blog...I'm a rebel like that. Ha ha! :)

Melissa Stover said...

i'm pretty sure it's a katydid. (not sure if that's the technical name for it though). they're so pretty.

Becky said...

I'm out walking across America this week and missed your birthday. But Happy Belated!! My goodness I would have never guessed you at 60. YOU LOOK GREAT!! Girl, I know what you mean about time flying. Goodness, my oldest daughter is 32 and I'm still 29! How can that be! HA!!!

I'm not sure what that bug is besides SCARY!!! Gives me goosebumps!

Betsy said...

It IS a Katydid (like chickadee said)! My class did a whole unit on insects and we learned about that one. Isn't it interesting?

Faith said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

I have NO idea what kind of bug that is...but one of those wrapped around my finger as I was putting my beach towel on the lounge chair at the pool last week...I totally freaked out! Stills makes me squirm just thinking about it!

Candy said...

I think it is a katydid too! I'm going to have to show Ethan this picture in the morning. He LOVES bugs!! :)

Jacquie said...

I think it's a Katydid... but Dave calls them "leaf bugs". Ha!

The Garners said...

We always called those katydids...don't know if that's right though? They're cool bugs--Rhett would love to catch one, I'm sure. We're housing a ladybug right now--I can't convince him to let it go.

Leigh Ann said...

That's the most interesting bug I've ever seen.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that you had a GREAT birthday ;)! You are so sweet showering Scott & Kelly with baby gifts all of the time!

I can't wait to see pics from the wedding!

Heidi Zawisza said...

It's a Katydid, but we just call them leaf bugs! My son LOVES them!