Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Perfect Pair


This is the last of the wedding pictures I will post, I promise. I am moving on! But I wanted to show you how the theme, "The Perfect Pair" was played out from engagement to wedding. I don't have pictures of every way pears were used but maybe a few for those like me who love little details of decorating! The picture above was one of their first showers and they used pears on the tables and had little pear cookies for favors. Also when we arrived at our hotel for the wedding we were given "Welcome" bags and among the little gifts were handmade cookies in the shape of pears. They were delicious!
These were pear candles that I brought for the rehearsal dinner and were on the entry table as you came in to the room.
This doesn't show up too clearly but there were huge glass vases of whole pears in water with a candle floating on top on the serving tables.
This is one of the tables I decorated for the rehearsal dinner. I had greenery under the tall candleholders with votive candles and pears and a picture of Chris and Carrie in all kinds of pictures of them the last 5 years.
These were on each of the tables at the reception. They were topped with floating candles.

So the pear theme worked really well and went along with her green/brown colors.

I am leaving for children's church camp on Monday so I will be gone a week. I plan to come home with some cute pictures of our precious kids at church and their activities at camp! It shouldn't be much over 95 degrees everyday, so pray for us!! We have so much fun and I pray the children learn more about how much Jesus loves them this week!
And maybe I will sweat off a few pounds while there!! That wedding cake was soooo good!

9 comments:

The Garners said...

All the decorations are gorgeous! I love the green and brown color scheme.

Becky said...

Everything was so beautiful! I just have to know where you got those candleholders. You did a wonderful job on the tables and I love the "perfect Pear" theme. They look sooo happy! Have a GREAT weekend. Oh, and have a BLAST at camp next week. Blessings!

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is so sweet and unique! I don't know that I have ever seen a "theme" used throughout an engagement, but I LOVE IT! I hope you have fun at camp and I look forward to the pictures ;)!

Julie said...

You did such a beautiful job with all the decorating! What a talent you have. Everything looked so fancy and sophisticated! I LOVED IT!!!

Jacquie said...

I love the pear theme - and the brown/green colors. The vases with pears in water is really neat, too. I don't have that kind of creativity... I'll have to have help when I'm in the midst of all that stuff. (hint)

I know y'all will have a great week at Siloam! I'll be praying for you guys.

MiMi said...

This was such a sweet and unique idea to use "the perfect pair" theme. I love the pear candles that you used for the rehearsal dinner and the table that you decorated for the rehearsal dinner was gorgeous! I know it had to be such a special time for your entire family!

Have a great week at camp and we will be waiting to see some cute pictures of all the kiddos!
Emilie

Leigh Ann said...

Your decorations were so pretty. I love the pear theme...I love green and brown together. I hope you guys have a great time at camp and you are able to stay somewhat cool!

Megan said...

Cute theme, and beautiful decorations.

Caroline said...

ooooooooooooooooooooo everything is sooooooooo beautiful and i am so laughing about you and oprah hahahahhahahaha so funny!!!!