Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pre-wedding party

At the risk of boring all of you, I am going to post more pictures of our week-end wedding. This first picture is our view of the beach from our hotel room. Also I have no better news or interesting pictures at the moment. If you are like me, I love all things about weddings whether I know the people or not.

In fact, years ago every afternoon I would watch "A Wedding Story" on the TLC channel and just cry when I knew none of the participants! It's a woman thing!

I love the colors, the decorations, candles, flowers, the ribbons, etc. of a wedding!

The bride and groom were feted at a bar-b-que by the pool party the first night we arrived at friends of Carrie's family.

Here they are with Chris' cousins, Molly and Jackson. There was a huge orange moon out that night and the same moon in the sky the night of the wedding. Very romantic!
Fresh watermelon balls to eat with the bar-b-que! Delicious!
Chris and Carrie have used the theme "The Perfect Pair" throughout their engagement and now the wedding. I will post more pictures on how the theme was played out at the rehearsal dinner and the reception.

9 comments:

Jacquie said...

What a cute couple! They look so happy. It's nice to be able to have a little sneek peak at the wedding.

Scott said...

I wish I could have been at the pool party - it looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you are posting pics!

Kelly said...

That was me. I'm on Scott's computer.

Becky said...

Judy, your view was gorgeous and yummo on the watermelon and bar-b-que! Alvin and I went to Memphis Friday night and I commented to him on how beautiful the big orange moon was! I looked at Kelly's pictures and you looked absolutely stunning. I loved what you wore to the wedding. You have such good taste.

Jamie said...

Yes, I love all things wedding too. That is one of the perks of being a girl. :)

Betsy said...

Mmmm! That watermelon looks delicious! I love the theme of a "Perfect Pair"! They look like they truly are a perfect pair. So cute!

Megan L Hutchings said...

What a GREAT theme and party! That watermelon looks absolutely DIVINE!

Leigh Ann said...

I love the "Perfect Pair" theme! They are such a pretty couple. Chris looks so much like Mr. Steve! I never noticed that so much until now.

MiMi said...

What a cute, cute couple! They look like they are a perfect pair!

Can't wait to see more of your pictures.