Friday, September 19, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane.....

There was a song popular when we were in college by Peter, Paul and Mary (who in the world are they, you ask.....you have to be over 50 to know) called "Leaving on a Jet Plane" . I think of it everytime I go on a big trip.

One line of the song says, "My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...."

Well, it's almost nine p.m. and my bags are still not packed!! I figured if I packed too early I would forget what I had packed and have to unpack to check!! har

The weather in Nicaragua is warm to hot everyday so I will take summer clothes for sure. I also am taking Bibles and little gifts to hand out to the people who line up to come to the medical clinics. We divide these up with all our team members because one person can't take all of them. There is a weight limit on your suitcase and 50 lbs. adds up fast!

We hope to receive emails and will try to post a blog everyday if the electricity is up and running! You never know for sure. If you are interested in what we are doing and see some pictures come here and go to the pastor's page.

If you want to pray for us, we would be very grateful. Please pray for our safety in travel, for the new team members who have never gone to a foreign field before, for the people we will be ministering to that they might see the hands and heart of Jesus and that many may receive Him this next week as their Lord and Savior. That is our calling!

Now, I'd better get packing!!


11 comments:

Melissa Stover said...

i hope you have a great trip. some of our church members are leaving sunday for a mission trip as well.

Kathy said...

I know it must feel so exciting and rewarding to go on this mission. I'll be praying for all of you. We love you!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have lifted you up this evening asking God for safe travels, good health, serenity in your work and joy in each day. blessings, marlene

Caroline said...

soooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!! oh how i wish i was going too!!!!!! I will def be praying and expecting great things from our very GREAT GOD!!!!!!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Have a great trip...I'll be praying!!!

MiMi said...

How exciting that you are getting to go to Nicaragua! Praying for a safe trip, good health and great results for the kingdom of God. Keep us updated.

Oh, and I know who Peter, Paul and Mary are! (-:

Unknown said...

You and your group are in my prayers this week! Have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jacquie said...

We're praying for ya'll!

Julie said...

I am so excited to see how God moves in your week! I will definitely be praying for you and your team and I'll check for some update!!

Jennifer said...

Yea!!!!!! I am so excited that you have this opportunity to share your faith and strength with those people! Mission trips are a wonderful way to reach out! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip. Your group will be in our thoughts and prayers. Be safe!

Heather said...

Saying a prayer for you today....Can't wait to hear all about the trip!