Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kissin' don't last....Cookin' do

Hve you heard that old cliche "Kissin' don't last but cookin' do"? Well, that is just the opposite at our house. We still kiss everyday(sometimes more than once!!) but I don't cook everyday!

I cooked alot when our kids were growing up but now we seem not as interested in eating three meals a day. We seem to be busy and gone somewhere alot around mealtimes so we eat out alot or snack or eat sandwiches at home.

I read alot of younger women's blogs these days and are so amused that so many write about the meals they plan and cook. It is very encouraging...especially since they are raising the next generation.

So, tonight, I just wanted it to go on the record that I made one of my daughter's recipes from her blog, Poppyseed Chicken, and it was delicious!

It was so special that we actually ate on our kitchen table (not special enough for the dining room) and not our usual kitchen island! I even made a picture to document it!

Of course, I informed dear Hubby that this was probably it for the week because we are leaving for Nicaragua this week and I don't want any leftovers in the refrigerator to come home to!!

If you would like Kelly's recipe for Poppyseed Chicken, go here and click on her recipes.

Now we can get back to our kissin'

14 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you liked it!!! We had it last night and tonight too. We let Dawson have a little and he went crazy over it.

Jennifer said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
I bet that this was special. The meal looks delicious! I will be sure to check out the recipe as we are always looking for new meals to try. With the twins, we eat at home most nights! I hope that you have a safe trip this week and that your experience is one that will never be forgotten. Thanks for all that you do to make a difference in the lives of others!

Jacquie said...

Ya'll sound like us. We hardly ever have a sit down supper together any more. We seem to have more Saturday morning breakfasts at the table than suppers.

Leigh Ann said...

I just love you! This post made me SMILE! You have such a pretty spread set up for your dinner with Mr. Steve, and I'm glad to know that the kissin' continues at 40 years of marriage! :) I'll take kissin' over cookin' any day! Ha!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

That saying is SO cute! I'm need to try Poppyseed Chicken because we've never had it before.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't kissin' and cookin' go together? The more good cookin' the more kissin' happens. HA!
Now you have a week of chicken and rice to look forward to. Hope your trip is amazing!

The Garners said...

Have a wonderful trip...praying for you guys and looking forward to the report once you get home!!!

Kristin said...

How sweet! I love how your table is so perfect for a dinner for 2.

That dinner looks yummy!

In His Army said...

It looks great! I bet that was a nice time together. Poppyseed Chicken is one of my favorites!

Sharon M. said...

I hope y'all have a safe trip. We will keep you in our prayers. I am impressed with the meal you cooked. Mike and I hardly ever eat meals at home now either. If I do cook, we fill our plates and head to the living room to eat unless it's a really messy meal then I make Mike eat at the table so I won't have to spot clean his clothes, the couch, and the rug in the living room. By the way, I used to have a spoon rest that said "Kissin don't last but good cookin do." I got it as a wedding gift so it's really OLD! Have a good trip!

Becky said...

Girl, I am IMPRESSED!!! You cooked! WOW!!! You better watch out because Steve will expect you to be in that kitchen more often! HA! I actually fixed poppy seed chicken on night last week. I too would rather be kissin' than cookin'! HA!!! Have a wonderful trip. I will be praying for you guys!

Meredith said...

Poppyseed Chicken is a staple in our family too. I love your dinner table also! ANd Judy, you are too cute!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm a fellow Arkansas and just found your blog. I'm going to try your daughter's poppyseed chicken. My prayers will go with you on this mission trip. My husband and I have been to Mexico twice on mission trips and will be going to Louisiana in November. blessings, marlene

MiMi said...

The meal looks delicious and this is one that I have been planning to try! You may have just motivated me -- to cook more AND kiss more!

Have a safe trip to Nicaragua!

Emilie