Thursday, October 2, 2008

Faded Photographs...covered now with lines and creases





I love old stuff! I especially love old pictures and have lots of them. Since my parents both passed away, my sister and I inherited all their old pictures plus pictures that belong to my elderly aunts when they passed away years ago.
Here's the problem: There are some pictures that have no name on the back of them and they are not recognizable as known relatives. I would love to know the story behind some of these pictures. Was it the opening for a new store with the man standing in front of the counter? Look how straighten all the can-goods look in the shelves! I swear I see Campbell Soup cans on the left shelf!
How 'bout that gas station? Was gas at the Texaco 4 cents a gallon,unlike 4 dollars today? See the sign that says "free air"? Somethings never change!
Here the moral of this blog: Always put names/dates on the back of any pictures you print out.
You think you will NEVER forget who, what ,where and when..........but you will if you live long enough! Besides,you want your great-great-great grandchildren to be able to identify you!

5 comments:

In His Army said...

Old photographs are so much fun! Your right though--we need to make a habit of writing on the back to document everything.

Becky said...

I took a bunch of old photos to Walmart yesterday and scanned them so I could blog about them. When I got home and put the CD in most of the photos were upside down. Dadgumit! I'll have to go re-scan them again. I love the old ones too. My grandma was really good about writing on the back. Me. Not so much.

Heather said...

I love all of the photos, especially the one of the ladies with the hats. I have old black/white photographs of my grandparents & parents when they were young displayed in our home. I also have my grandmother's hats & hat boxes. The one she wore on her wedding day is out in our guest bedroom.

Kelly said...

Well - writing on the back of pictures would involve actually printing some out................

Jacquie said...

Kelly has a GOOD point! We now have a new dilemma - how to organize digital photos. I actually emailed Jamie this week about how she organizes all her photos.

I LOVE the old photos... I noticed the old Rice Krispy and Corn Flakes boxes on the top shelf. And the woman's outfit in the second picture is so funny!