Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Come on to my house....."

Our newly-married son Chris and his wife, Carrie, bought their first home a couple of months ago. We got to go visit them and see their new house while we were in Dallas for Steve's father's funeral.

It was so nice, even under the circumstances, to get together with both our children and their spouses for their grandfather's funeral. In fact, we saw many relatives that we normally don't see very often. I always think why we wait till someone passes away and then all come together.I'm sure this has happened in many families.



This is their dining room. I think they are planning on getting new dining room furniture when they get time to pick out something they both like. A dining room set is one of those usually once-in-a-lifetime pieces of furniture. You rarely change dining furniture like you change a couch or chair to set a different decor.


This older house had very nice door facings and hardwood floors.



They have just moved in so they don't have the bedrooms completely finished.
I do like the clean and simple look that they have used.





They repainted the whole house and painted the kitchen cabinets and added new handles.





Carrie has wonderful taste and I know between them they will have a warm, cute and inviting house to call home! Now, show me which room might be made into a nursery????? tee hee
They showed me the nice back yard for the dog they plan to get!




We took the "kids" out for a Tex-Mex dinner and it was so good. Somewhere Chris and Carrie had eaten before! The cheese dip with chips was the best I had ever eaten. They could have just put the whole bowl in front of me and I would have not needed another thing!! It had avocados in it and I just crave avocados for some reason! We sure enjoyed being with our children (Harper was there in-utero!!)







9 comments:

Kelly said...

It WAS so much fun to go to their house and spend time together. I wish we all lived closer! I'm looking forward to being together at Christmas again - even if it will be just for a few hours!

MiMi said...

How exciting that Chris and Carrie have their first home. It looks like it is absolutely beautiful. I love the molding around the door in that picture.

I'm with you about the avocado! LOVE avocado, but no one else in my family eats it. If we eat out Mexican food, I get everyone at the table's avocado. Works out pretty good! LOL

I'm glad that you got to spend time with both of your kids and their spouses, in spite of the circumstances.

I hope you have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Jenna said...

Your family is so beautiful! I love the pitures of Chris and Carrie's house! They are such a cute couple, I know their house will be so cute and classy as well.

Glad ya'll got to spend some time together! And what better way to do so than over some yummy chips and cheese dip. :)

In His Army said...

Their house looks so pretty and they are a lovely couple..She has the sweetest smile! Glad you got to spend some time together.

Jacquie said...

Oh sure ... the cutest little couple, with the cutest little house! I love the colors and the wood trim. The kitchen cabinets are ADORABLE!!

The Garners said...

Their house looks so pretty! I love the kitchen!

Heather said...

What an adorable house. Carrie does have great taste! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. It's very easy to say nice things about Kelly!

Guy and Julie said...

I'm sorry about the loss of Steve's father. You are right that families only seem to get together at funerals--it is a shame.

Chris and Carrie's house is so pretty. I love the picture of them standing at the front door and Chris has his coffee cup--they are such a cute couple. I know you must be so proud of your family!

Meredith said...

I love their house! What a cute couple they are! So sweet! Come over to my blog! I have something for ya!