Friday, November 28, 2008

Weird and Random Facts

Meredith asked me to give seven weird facts about myself and then Jacquie ask me to give eight random facts about myself. So to combine the two,( this will be quite boring to most of you so feel free to move on to another more interesting blog) here are eight weird and random facts about me.

1.Aging is good in many respects, I am finding. I really like being older because I know now that I will not be a brain surgeon someday. I know who I am. I can eat and wear pretty much what I want, not having to please anyone in particular. I am less consumer-driven and MUCH more thankful for the life God has given me. Yes, getting older has it's advantages!

2. I am not a coffee drinker(although I live with one). However, I love to smell it when you walk by a coffee shop in a mall but I just can't stand the taste. AT ALL!

3. Even in this high tech e-mail, texting world, nothing thrills me more than to recieve a "real" letter in the mail!

4. I love to read. If I had nothing to do in life but read all day, I would be content!

5. It upsets me to see young mothers (or dads) in the parking lot of big stores where there is alot of traffic and they are not holding on to their little kid's hands. The kid is just about a block behind them and no one is paying attention. Makes me very nervous!!

6. I love music! All types of music! Christian music, my favorite, of course, but I also love classical (which I put on when I am cleaning house), 60's music (my era) and almost all love songs!

I love playing the old hymns on the piano at the local nursing home every week and hearing the older generation sing the songs they remember when some don't remember who they are anymore. It is powerful........"Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus"!

7. I dread winter. I hate cold weather. However, I do love winter clothes. I love to layer shirts , sweaters and jackets. I am a warm-weather-go-outside-without-your-coat type of person!

8. I love the few days during a holiday when you can stay home and are not expected to BE anywhere by anyone. Just sit, read and be a family for just those few short days.....that's a holiday to me! How 'bout you?

Anyone want to do the weird and random things........feel free!

8 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Playing the piano at a local nursing home...what a wonderful way to allow God to use your talent.
You are just so sweet and I appreciate the kind words you leave on my blog and all of the prayers you are praying on our behalf. It means so much to me. Thank you!

MiMi said...

I'm thinking that we very possibly MAY have been separated at birth! I totally agree with everything on your list --except the coffee! I LOVE "real" mail, too, but it is a "dying breed", isn't it? Amazing how much we have in common! Thanks for sharing!

Candy said...

I can't stand cold weather either! I also can't stand to see people not holding their kid's hands in parking lots. It makes me a NERVOUS wreck! I love that you play the piano at a nursing home. My grandmother has been in a nursing home for years, so it always touches me when people take part in caring for older people.

Becky said...

I'm totally with you on the cold weather. There's not one thing that I like about it. Not even sweaters!!! We should live in San Diego where the weather is perfect most all the time.

Judy, I want you to add me to your prayer list. I've was diagnosed two weeks ago with Helicobacyter Pylori and girl I literally have thought at times I was going to die. I'm on a 10-day regimen of antibiotics and they are making me terribly sick. Today has been the worse day so far. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I only have 2 pills left that I will take tonight.

Jacquie and I have gotten really close through blogging and she has been praying for me, so thought I would see if you and Steve would put me on your prayer list as well.

Hugs,
Becky

Jenna said...

Loved your list!!! I am not much of a coffee drinker either, and only drink it if it's cold outside. And I am right there with you on the "real" mail! Love it!

Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!!

Leigh Ann said...

I am a #7 kind of girl, too, and I also don't drink coffee. Kids running out of driveways and in parking lots makes me so NERVOUS! Why do they let them do that???

Jacquie said...

Thanks for playing along, Judy. I don't think these are boring at all!! I always learn something new.

I LOVE LOVE the smell of coffe... I don't drink it anymore, either.

Funny how you LOVE to read, but Kelly dislikes it.

I'm with you on the seasons... I wish we could just have our spring/fall weather year round. But I guess winter gives me an even greater appreciation for the seasons I do love.

I've sure enjoyed the last few days my family has spent together. We stayed most of the time here at the house enjoying each other's company. Perfect!

Meredith said...

Great post! That is so sweet how you do soo much for so many people also! Oh and I loved your other Thanksgiving post! Ya'll had a great day together!