Saturday, January 3, 2009

I didn't ......oh, yes, I did....

I had a date tonight! Hubby ask me out for a Saturday night date! We went out to eat at a place we love and also because we had a gift card to be used. We had pizza, salad and diet Cokes. Yum!

We decided to go to the movies since we did not get to go to our annual Christmas Day evening movie this year. We had heard all the chatter about the movie, "Marley & Me" and since we are dog-lovers and the movie was PG we decided to see it.

It had been years since we had been to a movie at the theater we were at tonight. We are not frequent movie-goers to say the least. In fact, Hollywood would go down the tubes if they were waiting on us to support them!

The movie was OK, not as great as I thought it would be. I just can't get past Jennifer Anniston being a mother when you know about Brad and Angelina and all those kids.......I digress...anyway my hubby got teary-eyed at the end so it was worth the price of the tickets!!

Coming out of the movie, I , of course, needed to go to the restroom seeing how I sat through a whole two -and-a -half-hour movie after drinking a large coke. So I darted around the corner one way to the restroom and my hubby went to the right to the next bathroom.

I went into the first stall and the lid was up and looked like someone had peed all over the place so I quickly moved to the next stall thinking someone brought their little boy in the ladies' room. I went in the middle of three stalls and went to the bathroom. Just as I was finishing, someone came in and went in to the stall just next to me. For some reason, I peeked at the shoes, and they were a man's feet and were facing the stool!!!! OH.MY.GOODNESS. I am in the men's bathroom!!!! For heaven's sake!!!

I ran out fast, not washing my hands or anything, and ran into my hubby who is coming out on the other side. I ask him if he were in the men's room and of course, he was! I looked clear across the theater lobby and saw the Women's sign. But the men's bathroom have two separate rooms located side by side. Does that make sense? And the only sign (which I saw later...much later) is on the outside wall up near the ceiling!

Like I say, the last time I was in that theater, it was the women's bathroom!!!!

You knowwhat all of this proves??? I need to go out on more dates!!!!!

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my word! I just laughed so hard! Bless your heart...That is hilarious!! I thought at first that you were going to say Steve came out of the women's bathroom! I would have been on the floor if that happened!

I'm glad you got to go on a memorable date with your husband tonight!

Jacquie said...

OMG!!! I almost do that EVERY time I go to that theater. BUT, I never have. I wish I would've been there!! HaHa!!

I loved the movie. Jodi had a harder time with the sadness of it than I did, though.

In His Army said...

So funny-- I did that once in a Mountain Home theatre--apparently their bathroom setup is confusing! I did the same thing...looked down at the shoes and realized where I was at!

Vashti said...

Hahaha Thats too funny! sounds like something I would do!
Yay for date nights!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Oh my! I just giggled at the thought of you in the men's room. (: This is such a funny story and a good lesson to the rest of us...check for signs...ALWAYS!!!

MiMi said...

Oh my! I bet you were horrified as soon as you realized that! As I was reading the story, I thought for sure that hubby had been in the Ladies restroom!

We are not very frequent movie-goers, either! I'll definitely be checking the restroom signs next time we go!

Have a great week!

Kayla said...

Thanks for the laugh! That's too funny!!

Have a good evening!

Betsy said...

That is sooo funny! I thought your husband was going to be in the ladies room, too! I have never done that, but I know I would be mortified!!

Glad you had a fun date night, though! :)

beckylbranch said...

That is hilarious! That has never happened to me before...and I hope it never does! Terence and I saw Marley and Me yesterday too and Terence cried and I cried...it was so sad...especially because Terence's family dog they've had for 13 years died New Years Eve so it just hit home. I'm so glad you got to have a date night with your hubby though!!!

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry, but I'm laughing so hard!! I have done that before in a Best Buy and actually had a gentleman tell me that *maybe* I was in the wrong restroom and I argued with him that I wasn't!!

Glad you were able to have a date night! It won't be long before you are snuggling with that sweet grandbaby!

Jenna said...

NO! Say it ain't so!!! I wish I didn't know what that experience is like, but unfortunately I have been there. It is a traumatic experience to say the least, haha. Glad you survived and glad you had a fun date night!!!

The Garners said...

Oh my word--that is hilarious! I was already laughing when I read the part about thinking someone had brought their little boy into the ladies' room (reminder of a constant battle with Rhett's bathroom trips--ha!)...then I laughed even harder when I read you were at the wrong one! I thought sure you were going to say S came out of the women's bathroom too--that would have been too much!!! Hopefully you had some antibacterial hand scrub in your purse--ha ha! :)

Sharon M. said...

Oh, Judy, that story was great! I am still laughing at you!!! I bet you could have just died. Aren't Men's Restrooms nasty?? Thanks for the good belly laugh as I sit here in the house by myself. My dogs are worried about me.

Stephanie said...

This is the funniest story!! I bet you were horrified when it dawned on you that you were in fact, surrounded by men!! Oh how funny :)