Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Praying for Harper


As we sit patiently waiting for the "call" and anticipate Harper's arrival, I have been thinking of my life as a loving Grandmother-to-be for not only Harper but other future grandchildren.


Of course, I will be the best Grandma I can possibly be! I will love them with all my heart, with unconditional love. I hope to be the kind of Grandma that they want to come visit and I will certainly be accommodating as possible: make their favorite foods, have toys for them to play with, take them places, shower them with my full attention, etc.


My own parents and in-laws were models of good grandparenting! Just ask my kids!


Most of all, I want to be an influence on their lives to live Godly lives. Nothing more could I give them or do for them than to show them that the greatest love of all comes in knowing Jesus!


Here are some ways to pray for your children and your grandchildren in the future:


PRAY


1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. (Psalm 6:3 and 2Timothy 3:15)


2. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives...spiritual,
emotional and physical. (John 12:15)


3. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships.
(Daniel 6:3)


4. That they will respect those in authority over them. (Romans 13:1)


5. That they will desire the right kinds of friends and be protected from the wrong
friends. (Proverbs 1:10-11)


6. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one.
( 2 Corinthians 6: 14-17)


7. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all
circumstances. (James 4:7)


8. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ.
(Romands 12: 1-2 )


9. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or
that the wrong people cannot find their way to them. (Hosea 2:6)


10. Lastly,but very important, that they will have a hunger to know God and His Word!





This is what I prayed for my children and I will certainly be praying for Harper!


Harper, we are waiting for you and praying already for your life-to-come!


Love, Nonny


23 comments:

Jenna said...

I just loved this! You are going to be the sweetest Nonny ever!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I just know that Harper and all other future grandchildren will absolutely adore their Nonny!

Candy said...

Thanks so much for sharing these verses! I'm about to print them out and put them in my Bible, so I can start praying these verses over my own children. I think all of "blog world" is anxiously awaiting Harper's arrival! :) You are going to be the best Nonny!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Just recently started following your blog through your precious daughter, Kelly. I have my first grandaughter...she's 14 months and for these things I also pray.
From one Nonny to another!!

Melissa Stover said...

i love that!

kate said...

harper is the luckiest baby to be born into your sweet family! Harper is just preparing you all for her arrival...she wants you to be more than ready!

always, kate

Becky said...

Oh Nonny.....I love this!!! It's the most important thing we can do as parents and grandparents. I have been praying for Harper and I can't wait to see the little stinker!!! I emailed Jacquie last night and bossed her around a little telling her she better email me the very minute she knows anything and she said she would. OH MY GOODNESS I"M SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Laurie said...

This is great. I am writing them down! Thank you.

Kelley said...

That is just beautiful! Thanks for posting. Harper and future grandchildren will be so blessed to have you as a Nonny. She will be here soon! My mom says that waiting for the grandchild to be born is harder for the grand parents than the parents. My little one will be three in March. Her grands are just crazy about her!

The Garners said...

"Nonny" is such a great grandma name--I love it! What is grandpa's official name? I also love that list of ways to pray for kids/grandkids.

This is such a big week for you all!!! I'm so excited for you!

Heather said...

I'm not sure if it's the hormones or not, but I am crying after reading this. You are going to be the most wonderful grandmother and I am SO thankful that God has blessed you all with Harper.

Jacquie said...

Judy, this was a beautiful post, from your beautiful heart. I can't think of any two people who would love a grandbaby more than you and Steve.

How did y'all decide on "Nonny"? What's Harper going to call Steve?

Sarah said...

I absolutely love this! I pray for Blake every day and I am going to write these down as a personal "cheat sheet"!

Your writing is such a blessing. Your ministry to others comes across in every blog entry! I feel "connected" to you and Kelly because of our very similar situations over the past year. :)

(In answer to your question...yes, Blake's hair is reddish! Kind of a strawberry blond...and there is so much of it! She could almost have a tiny ponytail!)

Betsy said...

Judy, you are going to be a WONDERFUL grandmother!! Harper is so blessed to have such a godly Nonny in her life already! :)

Morris Family said...

Judy this post was just beautiful!! Harper will be soo proud of her Nonny!

Jessica said...

Great scripture!! Being a parent is daunting when you consider all that you must do and pray for.. but, it is the ultimate blessing!!! : ) Yes, I am loving it!

Lauren said...

Wanted to stop by and say hello. Came over from Kelly's blog. Beautiful post. Harper's life is goign to be full of lots of love :)

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Thank you for this beautiful post. I am going to write it down and put it in my journal. I pray for my children daily (some days, many, many times) and I look forward to praying for my grandchildren some day too. You and Steve are going to be wonderful grandparents and Harper will be so loved by all!!! By the way, I found your husband's blogs and have enjoyed his Bible study/devotions. You all have a beautiful family. I still can't believe Harper hasn't come yet. That little stinker!!! She must be strong-willed! Have a great day. Love & blessings!

Sharmin said...

I'm so excited for you, you will be a great Nonny! I know mine love their Nana (Nonna). I'll be checking for pictures Friday afternoon!

MiMi said...

I know that you are going to be an amazing Nonny! Thank you for a wonderful prayer "checklist" for our children and grandchildren.

I am so excited for you and your family and can't wait to see Miss Harper!

Rebecca Jo said...

You are going to be a wonderful Nonny!!! A wonderful example of Christ's love.... children remember that of their grandparents.

Laura said...

Thank you for this wonderful list. I am copying it down and adding it to my prayer journal.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for Harper's complete healing!

Amanda