Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bye Bye February

February has come and gone!  I am always happy to see March come because I usually have been freezing for the last three months and am always in hopes of some warmer weather.


If I didn't love my home state of Arkansas so much I would consider moving to a much warmer climate!  Nonetheless, I do love to see a beautiful spring , gorgeous fall and warm summer!  So I'll just stay put until the Lord says otherwise!

I have had nothing much exciting to blog about lately.  We did have a lovely time the other night when some friends had us and a few other couples over to their house for "breakfast".   We had such fun!  We had egg casserole, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, muffins, and the old Southern favorite....biscuits  and chocolate gravy!

For dessert we had this delicious plate of fresh fruit and..........................
........................these wonderful homemade chocolate turnovers!    Isn't this what you usually eat for breakfast on any given morning?????  It was so filling that I didn't eat a thing the next morning 'cause I was still full!
Yesterday our church was involved with three funerals. Steve did one funeral in the morning,and the other in the afternoon. Our associate pastor did the other Saturday afternoon. I took food to one of the families and helped with feeding the other  family at our church.  The memorial service that was at our church was very moving. The whole family was involved in the service including the grandchildren who sang. A very moving eulogy was given by her daughter  and several videos were played showing this  precious woman's life with her family. God was honored and all of us who were there were blessed.

The snow started coming down quite heavily yesterday morning and continued off and on nearly all day.  It was, hopefully, winter's last hurrah!
We still have so many damaged trees from the January ice storm but to me, when the limbs are covered with snow,  it looks beautiful!!

Tomorrow I will be privileged to get to go and stay with my sweet Harper while her Mom has a few appointments.  Kelly really had to twist my arm to do this........har!!

15 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

Hey! I've been reading your blog a while, and Kelly keeps me informed. I feel God had me stumble over her blog on purpose. I would look in every once in a while for a month or two, then when her due date came closer I payed more attention. The day she was born, was also my best friends birthday and while I was at her party I just was waiting to go home and check to see how Harper was. So when I got here to see that she was not doing well, I was very upset, Me and my family prayed for her and your family.I told my youth group, and every Sunday I would update them. We have prayed and said praise for Harper. God has placed Kelly and her story in my life for a reason. God is amazing! Just thought I would share my story with you.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Have fun with your precious grandbaby! Are you going to play dress up with her, too? (:

Melissa Stover said...

we saw some snow but none of it stuck. i would have liked a little for the kids to play in.

beckylbranch said...

That food looks so good! You would be surprised how many people don't know what chocolate gravy is! Crazy I know! I wish we had snow here in TX, but the other day it was almost 90 degrees...I have a feeling it's going to be a HOTTT summer! Enjoy your special day with Miss Harper :)

Jacquie said...

The food looks YUMMY. I love breakfast for supper. And Becky will be glad to know I've NEVER had chocolate gravy, although I have heard of it.

Have fun with Harper!!!

Becky said...

I'm with you Judy. I haven't had much to blog about myself.

I bet you can't wait to get that sweet Harper in your arms tomorrow. She is just the cutest thing I've ever seen.

We woke up to snow this morning too and of course it was all gone by dark. Thank goodness. Now that we have the snow out of the way let's get spring started!

Those chocolate turnovers look delish. Do you have the recipe?

Have a GREAT week!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Have a wonderful time with Harper. That breakfast looked amazing. I love some chocolate!!!
We are snowed in tonight. No school tomorrow. YEA!!! I love hibernating in. Love & blessings from NC!

The Garners said...

Mmmm, that fruit plate looks delicious!

Have fun with Harper tomorrow--I know you really hate to have to go over and see her! :)

Lauren said...

Just wanted to say hi Judy!!! Hope you enjoy your time with Harper (how could you not?) and hope it starts warming up for you :o)

Kelley said...

How fun to get together for a breakfast meal! The food looks delicious. Have fun tomorrow with Harper.:-)

Anonymous said...

Yummm...chocolate turnovers!

Jenna said...

Hope you are having the BEST day with that sweet grandbaby!!

Kathy said...

I loved the snow pictures it really is beautiful up there. Have fun with Harper and give her a kiss for me. We have two realtors helping us with the home sales, mom and daughter. I just realized yesterday the daughter's name is Kelly and she has a 2yr old named Harper.

Panamamama said...

Aunt Judy,
The turnovers look great! You need to post your recipe! :) Harper is getting even cuter (if that is possible!) Have fun.
Shell

mrs shortcake said...

Oh my goodness - chocolate turnovers! Those sound (and look) amazing! Have fun nannying!