Tuesday, March 17, 2009

On Tour





Because Steve is on the Executive Board of the Arkansas Baptist Children's Homes he frequently goes to meetings at the Baptist Building in downtown Little Rock.


I was in Little Rock today with him because after the meeting we got a tour of the brand new building in the west side of the city.

It is just a beautiful building and has quite a story behind it being built.  The land was donated and the building is paid for already!  You can't outgive God!!

There are some VERY dedicated people who work for the Children's Home and all Arkansas Baptist members should be very thankful for the major work done to provide for the children who need a place to live in difficult times of their lives.    If you could hear some of the wonderful stories that come from the children after they're  grown and out in the world.  God provided a safe, wholesome, joyful life for them through the Children's Home and the Boy's Ranch . 

It was an honor for me today to get a look at our new building!  Congratulations Arkansas Baptists! 

12 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love having a reminder of all the good we are doing as AR Baptists!!

The Garners said...

How neat!

(Please call next time you're in town if you have a chance and come by to see C!)

Vashti said...

What a beautiful building! Maybe you guys should come visit our children's home ;-)
Have a great day.
Vashti

Immeasurably More Mama said...

That cake is so cute! I know the ministry provided to these sweet children is invaluable!!!

Kelley said...

What a beautiful building. I know the children are blessed to have this.

Jenna said...

Such a gorgeous building! And what an amazing ministry!!

Madison Sanders said...

It's always great to hear about a program that helps children.

Could you send me Kelly's email? I can't click on the link to her email because I don't use Outlook as my primary email account.

I'd like to send her an email about a fellow blogger who has an 8 month old that is deaf. They're raising money through a raffle on here to pay for cochlear implants for him.

MiMi said...

What a wonderul ministry and what a beautiful building! Glad you got to tour it and thanks for sharing with all of us.

Hope you have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that place is Im sure. So glad you were able to enjoy the tour. Take care~

Megan said...

I have several students who live at the BH here. They are very well taken care of and I am thankful for that.

Lauren said...

How awesome!!! The building is beautiful!!!!! :O)

The Coach's Wife said...

The building is beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Yes, I do know Martha Lynn very well. She taught me in high school. She is a great lady. I have gone on many oversea trips with her and we have a blast! That is so neat that you know her!