Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Traditions

I love spring, don't you?  One of the first signs of spring is always a new nest built  by a mama bird on our deck.  This morning we found this nest skillfully perched  on top of our patio umbrella that was folded and sitting in the corner of the deck.   Five sweet little eggs!


I also love Easter.  The resurrection of our Lord and Savior is the very reason for our life and our life to come!  I always love the excitement of Easter morning.  We, as Christians, need to feel that excitement EVERY Lord's day.  I love the hymns of Easter!  "Up from the grave He arose....."!

And, I love the traditions of Easter.  When you have children, it is always alot of fun!
This is Kelly at about 4 mos. old on her first Easter.  Either I or her Mam-ma made her an Easter cake.
My kids are going to kill me but I had to find some of the old pictures of them with their Easter baskets.  I have more but couldn't find them( unfortunately)!   This picture looks like the poor kids got nothing in their Easter baskets!  This was when we were counting every cent and they probably didn't have much!! (Until they got to the grandparents house anyway!)
This picture was made in Fort Worth, Texas when their Dad was in seminary.  
I think this was the first year we moved to our present town.  

I know they are probably getting a little too old for Easter baskets by now, but I just couldn't help myself!
This was made at their grandparent's house in South Arkansas and I think Kelly was in college and Chris was in high school.
I guess this is the last Easter basket I made Kelly!  After marriage, she was on her own! har
But,look, I guess I get to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Harper didn't look too happy here but this was her second basket already.  The other grandparents had already brought her a darling basket!   I think this will be the case for many holidays to come, don't you bet????

16 comments:

beckylbranch said...

Awe! I LOVE this post! I don't think they will kill you b/c it's too cute :) We have so many friends that go to school at Southwestern here in FW. Is that where your husband went? HAPPY EASTER! Much love, Becky

beckylbranch said...

Hey! Yes-Bonnie and I are from Conway,AR. We married men that moved us "off" as my Mom says. We just got to go home for my Mom's 50th birthday...I get so homesick sometimes! I love FW, but I miss home a lot! My Grandparents live near Fayetteville too :) You never know how nice it is to have your parents so close until you don't have then right there anymore! Right now I'm wearing my "Little Rock" T-shirt I got at the airport....people in TX are not too fond of AR!!! They just don't know what they are missing do they! ha..ha..

Immeasurably More Mama said...

That pucker face is just precious! My mom did Easter baskets for us way past childhood, too. (:

Kelley said...

I enjoyed reading your post! I love the pictures. Harper is so beautiful! The pictures with her Easter gifts are priceless.

Katie said...

That is so precious...Harper's Easter basket is bigger than she is!!! Hahaha! Momma always did our Easter baskets up through college, too, until I got married and moved away. Easter is far and away one of my favorite times of the year, too! I hope y'all have a very happy one!

Meredith said...

Judy! I loved your post! I love it that you put goodies in Kelly and Chris' baskets for years! How very sweet! I love the picture with Harper and one of her first Easter baskets! SO sweet!

Kelly said...

Oh that hair.
And why are Scott and I cut out like that in that picture???? ha!
Thanks for all the Easter baskets.....I was sad when they stopped. ha!

Lauren said...

TOO CUTE!!!!! Loved the pics and love the Easter season :o)

Melissa Stover said...

i love bird eggs on the porch!
now i'm singing up from the grave he arose in my mind.
i hope my kids aren't still sick on easter. i don't want to miss church.

On the Eastern Journey said...

What a fun post! Looks like Harper is already having one very memorable Easter.

Gram said...

Love this post. Love Easter. I still make Easter baskets for my children - 27 and 29. This year is my grandson's 1st Easter so I have a basket ready for him even though he is only 9 weeks old. Happy Easter! The Lord has risen!

Unknown said...

Sweet memories of yesterday and more sweet memories to come with your new grandbaby! Happy Easter!

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

I loved seeing Kelly & Chris over the years with their Easter baskets. How fun. Harper's basket was too cute. She is such a doll! I enjoyed walking with her very much.

MiMi said...

What great pictures of great memories with your children!

Isn't it fun that we get to start on another generation now! We are so blessed!

Happy Easter to you and your family! He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Anonymous said...

So sweet... I now know who Harper looks like...Kelly!

Rebekah said...

Harper is one lucky girl to have a grandmother like you! You are too so fun! Kelly was the cutest baby and she is still the cutest!!!