Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 101

Kelly got off to a good start on a lifetime of Mother's Days!  She beat me to the "hot off the press" pictures but I am just throwing in a few for the fun of it!  Go here

for the story.
My favorite "Harper" time is bath time.  I have never seen a baby who enjoys being bathed any more than she does.  She just totally relaxes and enjoys herself! (With 10 people watching her bathe, how does she do that???)

Kelly made a great brunch/lunch for all her guests.  I am going to try her "grape salad" recipe soon.  It was delicious and can be made ahead of time.....I like that!  Maybe she post it on her recipe blog.

This is my sweetie.  I just had a great time lovin' on her!  There are not enough words to fully describe my joy in just being her grandmother.  If I had known it was this wonderful I would have started earlier!!!

On my drive home yesterday I got the "Mother's Day" call from my son.  He indicated that there may be a little announcement coming from  their home soon............more on that story as it develops.....stay tuned!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Ahhhh, man, way to keep us in suspense!!! LOVED the pictures! Adorable!!! :)

The Garners said...

I love the pictures!

Is the grape salad the one with sour cream and cream cheese, green and red grapes and brown sugar sprinkled on top?? If so, I LOVE that recipe--I got it from my friend Becca a few years ago and it's a great one!

I'll for sure stay tuned for more on the C & C story!?!?! I hope it's what I'm thinking!?!? :)

beckylbranch said...

Oh happy Mother's Day to you too! I'm so happy for you all! God is so good and his blessings over flow! Much love, Becky

Anonymous said...

I can see why you had such a great day! Who could not fall in love with that cutie pie! Cant wait to hear the big news!

Melissa Stover said...

the only thing better than one grandbaby is 2! can't wait to hear the good news!

Erin said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to hear about the announcement!

Kelley said...

I love the pictures! What a beautiful mother's day and baby dedication day. Harper is absolutely gorgeous!

Nancy Hood said...

Looking forward to reading what the announcement is! Our 5th grandchild will be born in September and we've learned this is a baby girl :) and we're overjoyed. She will have two older brothers.
I also wanted to comment on your page design. Don't you love that site!! Love this decor :)

Jenna said...

i loved all these sweet pictures! you have one beautiful family that is for sure!

looks like ya'll had a great mother's day - God is so good!!

On the Eastern Journey said...

When I finally rolled out of bed on Mother's Day, I was thinking of you, Kelly, Harper and all the joy that awaits. Given our time zone difference, I was anticipating your Mother's day 14 hours before it happened!

Thanks for all these beautiful photos. I know it is a day you will never forget.

Heather said...

LOVE the pics of Harper and that pink "softie" or blanket!! It is so joyous to see/read about your being a grandmother! God is so good! OH- and I love the pic of your "boys" on your sidebar! It may not be new...but I am just now noticing! I just love Westies!!!