Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

Kelly's Korner is having "Show Us Where You Live " on Fridays and I decided to participate this Friday because the rooms shown today are  guest rooms.  And since my guest rooms are pretty much clean and ready for guests at all times, I was ready!  Now if you could see my closets, laundry room, etc.  ......they're not show-worthy at all!


My two guest rooms are upstairs.  The first one is a black/white toile themed room.  I love toile of all colors.  I had a lot of fun finding as much black/white items as I could.  
My wicker chair is an old one my sister gave me.  I sprayed it black(it was white) and covered the seat in black and white check.  The pillows are just odd pillows I have picked up over the years.  I sprayed a little basket black and put check and polka dot ribbon around it to hold magazines.

I found this table with a black/white toile tope at a designer's shop and it was on sale.  It has a tray top that you can take off and it is extremely heavy.  I love it!

This is my second  guest bedroom.  I have antique furniture in this room.  The old radio you see in this dormer belong to my parents.  They got it the first year they were married.  I think it still works but haven't plugged it up in years.
This is an antique bed that belong to my parents.  Also the antique sewing machine which I use as a side table.   The bentwood rocker was given to me by hubby when my son was born and I rocked him many nights in it!
This old rocker came with the bed and matches the bedframe.  I bought the little armoire at a little shop.  The pictures on the wall are all very antique and they are all relatives.

So much for guest rooms!  Ya'll come and visit anytime; your rooms are ready!! I won't be doing the nursery tour, Kelly!!!

21 comments:

beckylbranch said...

Your guest rooms are beautiful! I love your windows and the furniture

jenn said...

Your rooms are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I wish I was participating this week, but all my 'guest rooms' are in use! ha-ha!

On the Eastern Journey said...

Wow. Both of your guest rooms are so beautiful. You are super creative!

Kelley said...

Both rooms are gorgeous! I love toile too. I bet it was fun finding things to match in that room. I also love antiques. It is so special that you have the radio, bed, and pictures from your relatives.

Immeasurably More Mama said...

It looks like you're all set up to start a B&B! Can I be your first guest??? Beautifully decorated rooms!

Kristin said...

I don't know which one I like better! They are both just beautiful.

Lauren said...

Love it! Your rooms are so adorable!!! Thanks for sharing! Can I come stay awhile???? I don't want to over stay my welcome or anything though, haha!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Both of your rooms are just beautiful - I really love the color of your "antique room". I am sure your guests are probably sad when they have to leave those wonderful cozy rooms. Thanks so much for sharing.

-Jennifer

Unknown said...

What pretty rooms! I'm so jealous you have 2 guest rooms! :-) I love all the black and white - and the antique furniture is really cool! thanks for having us over!

Lynn said...

Absolutely love the guest rooms and I'm with Becky -- love the windows!!! Toile is one of my most favorite patterns. I had blue toile in my first house (kitchen)!

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing! Harper is a doll!

Melissa Miller said...

They are both beautiful!
I really love the unique windows and the use of the toile. Just lovely.

You have a very warm and welcoming home.

Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa :)

carolinagirl said...

I love your colors!

Erin said...

I just love your home, it has such a warm inviting comfy feeling. So beautiful!

Jacquie said...

I love your toile room... and you know how I love all your antiques and old photos. PRECIOUS!!!

Yoli said...

Love the guest rooms! I especially love the antiques! That is very special. I love some of your ideas too and hope to be able to incorporate them into my home! (no guest rooms in my home though)

MiMi said...

Both of your guest rooms are so beautiful! I especially love all of the antiques! They both just look so warm and inviting!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the rooms! I bet as soon as Harper is old enough she will claim one of those rooms for sure. Something so special between and Grandmother and Grandaughter. I had to giggle about your new grandbaby....she is a cutie~

Jen S. said...

Your guestrooms are so nice! I love your decorating style :)
I'm sure having fun with Kelly's blog and the "Show Us Where You Live Friday".
I don't personally know your family,but from what I read on your blogs, you are all just wonderful!! What a special family :)
Have a great day!
~Jen

Fiffer said...

Wow your guest bedrooms are gorgeous! You have such wonderful decorating taste which has rubbed off on Kelly as well. I especially like the black & white room. You're so creative!

My bedrooms are all full with four children so no guest bedrooms in our house for now -- we have to kick one of the kids out of their beds for a few nights when guests come!

Blessings to you!

Helen Joy said...

I love your toile room! Especially how the bed is at an angle. I also loved your little reading nook with the black wicker chair.

Keely said...

Your rooms are so nice. I especially love the black and white. You've done some really adorable things with all the different patterns. Thanks for sharing.