Monday, May 18, 2009

Life is a Paradox

The past six  weeks I have been involved  in a Beth Moore Bible study with about 24 other ladies in my church.  We have been studying the book of Daniel.    I cannot begin to tell you how much I have learned in these short six weeks!  The Word of God is so alive that as you study you just see today's world in living color. 


There was one short paragraph in our last week's study that so captivated my thoughts and spoke such truth.  I just wanted to share that with you in hopes that you might see God's truth in the following words.

"Our lives are a paradox: Life is found by losing it for the sake of Christ. A vessel is filled by pouring out.  The key to receiving is giving.  The key to living is dying to self. 

The greatest in the kingdom is the servant of all.  God has been right all along. His upside-
down path is the only way to true contentment and satisfaction.

The world's claim of happiness is betrayed by a ever-increasing lust for more.  Nothing
ever suffices.  Nothing ever will.

Christ alone satisfies the ailing human soul."

Do I believe this?   Yes, I do.

With all my heart.


7 comments:

jenn said...

beautiful!

Kelley said...

Kelly's Mom!!!,

How cute are you?! And I love that your husband keeps bees. We would like to keep them ourselves but living in Washington, D.C. is not, sadly, conducive to bee-keeping. My husband is determined to set up a hive at his in-laws! :)

I really wanted to write out that prayer for your Kelly because I know what its like to feel hurt by words. Kind words--prayerful words--conquer! I know this to be true! I prayed on Romans 8:28 for her, too. It's so true. Who, who can be against us when God is SO for us!?

God Bless You, Kelly's Mom! (And I looking forward to keeping up with your blog, too!)

beckylbranch said...

Hey "Nonny" do you still want me to do you up a blog desing?
Just email me : beckylbranch@gmail.com
<3 Becky

Caroline said...

I BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I do, I do!

Daniel was one of my favorite studies ever...i still listen to the cd's of it when I am driving for long periods! Thinking of you today!!! love you!

Julie said...

Daniel was one of my favorite Beth Moore studies. It was the Daneil study that gave me the desire to go deeper into HIS word and not just touch the service.

Erin said...

Amen, I totally believe that!

Jacquie said...

So behind on my blog reading since my laptop internet's been on the fritz.

I love this post. And I can't thank you enough for always being there for me when I need a shoulder. (Remember Kale's incident in Kindergarten??? Ha!!)